n i n e t e e n

"I think it's time for us to stop working; we haven't made much progress in the last fifteen minutes. You're not concentrating. What's going on, Aeri?"

I stood from my chair and walked over to the window, and even though my back was now facing Hongjoong, I could feel his eyes piercing right through me. I hadn't told him about what had happened several minutes ago, supposing it was best if I kept it only to myself. He didn't need to know and worry about every single new thing occurring in my life. Knowing it was one of his duties as a leader to protect his friends, the fact that he almost had to involve himself involuntarily in my problems was making me feel guilty. Guilty of being a burden on him and the others. I knew they truly cared for my well-being, but there were times when too much was simply too much. Apart from that, I needed to be the only one to control the outcome of the condition.

I knew Mingi's eyes were constantly jumping from me to the boy next to him, preferring to add nothing to that. Mingi had that type of personality. He never said anything until he knew exactly how things would play out. I would describe him as an understanding soul. He would comprehend every single emotion in me most of the time without my having to say anything or show any kind of reaction. Although I could say the same about the others, Mingi was somehow distinctive.

"I'm sorry, I'm a bit tired." I crossed my arms over my chest and looked at him over my shoulder for a short moment before continuing to contemplate the bright blue sky above us.

"Alright, let's continue later then." I heard him sigh behind me. He probably knew it wasn't entirely true, but he said nothing and simply stood up from his chair and began packing the items we'd spread out on the library table, while Mingi continued to scribble something on his notes.

A large part of the campus was visible from where I was standing, including the parking lot, which was not too full for a Friday. Several students were present. My thoughts wandered from the earlier scene to the jewelry, and I asked myself if they were somehow connected, even if Hongjoong was convinced that there was no way. I mean, what did it even mean to the person who sent it? Would it be easier for him to distinguish me by wearing it at the party, or was it simply a gift? I was still unsure if I should accept such a gesture from a still-unknown giver.

A motorcycle. I discovered a very familiar motorcycle in the parking lot when my eyes decided to stop scanning the entire campus. My heart suddenly started bouncing in my chest. A familiar sensation erupted in my body instantly. It was him. Felix. I knew it. What exactly was he doing here? Eventually, he dared to show up after all this time.

Still on the dark cycle, he took his helmet off. My breath hitched, and I felt a fluttery feeling in my stomach. His hair was no longer blond. Droll, it had turned raven black, slicked back, giving him a menacing appearance. Not that blonde served the opposite purpose, but something about this man's hair color could be threatening to anyone. His face, his figure, all of him, were mesmerizing, to say the least. And I hated to admit all of it. I resented myself for having that thought about him. I passed my hand over my face, trying to steady my crazy heartbeat. It shamed me to admit that I had lost count of the number of times I wished for another chance to see him. All of this was damaging me. After all, I had to keep in mind how bad he was for me.

He wasn't alone. Seeing Hyunjin and Jeongin join him didn't surprise me. It was quite predictable. But what came next was unexpected. He was embraced tightly around his neck by the earlier-mentioned female as she approached him. Interestingly, he didn't reply to that. Was this the reason she told me to stay away? But did she even know that it had never been me who tried to approach him? Jeongin turned his head and gestured in my direction, causing him to follow the indication and lay his eyes on me, once he discovered me. Of course they knew I was in the library.

"This was not foreseen." I turned my head to see Hongjoong next to me. He seemed to exude a sense of calm. Shouldn't he be angry at Felix now? After all, it was Hongjoong; he was able to hide his emotions whenever he needed to.

"Let's go." He grabbed my wrist before I had the chance to retort.

"We'll use the emergency door once we're on the ground floor." He explained it to me as he kept pulling my arm. "I already let Seongwha know that we needed to get out of here. He's waiting for us in the car."

"Wait." He stopped moving and turned to face me as well as Mingi. "This is ridiculous. I don't need to run away from him. I'm tired of doing so."

"What do you suggest? After all, you decided to leave him. I don't think it is wise for you to face him." Mingi talked this time, and I didn't reply to that, not knowing what to say.

"Don't think you'll get a second chance to get answers if that is what you have in mind. It was only a matter of time before he found you again. You can't escape, you can just try to survive." He looks at me with soft eyes.

"Besides, let's not ruin the mood for today's party."

————————————————————
Author's note:

Hey loves!
There you have the new chapter!
Why did Felix decide to appear? Still confused about the jewelry? Who the girl might be?
The next chapters will definitely answer your questions :)