t w e n t y - t w o

Come save me.

Why am I even disappointed? Why do I even care? Why does it surprise me?

Come save me. Where are you? You were the one who told me to put my trust in you when it came to my protection. You were the one to say that you would keep me safe. You were the one who promised to be honest with me.
Oh, but what if these things were engraved in the contract? All those pretty lies...

However, you also asked who I could rely on, making me question my decisions. Were you referring to yourself as well? In that case, should I keep relying only on my friends? Would they come and save me? I prefer to believe in that possibility, no doubt. Even though you both made that stupid deal with my father, I knew something was off. It didn't make sense. Why would he make both of them sign the same paper? I'm not sure if there was something I didn't know or if these men were really lying about it.

~
Two days had passed, and I was still kept like a prisoner in this room. I was never alone in case I tried to rebel on my own. My hands were the only part of my body that was still restrained. Tight ropes cutting into the sensitive skin of my wrists are keeping me here. They generally offered me snacks instead of real food, and it wasn't like I cared or could even object. I spent the majority of the time with the boy who had attended to my wound. I discovered his name to be Niki. He wasn't very talkative, but he was the one who didn't really bother me. Last night, after switching shifts with a guy named Jake, if I recall right, he disinfected my leg once again. I don't know if he was somehow trying to be nice to me or just doing what he was told to do.

The door suddenly opens, and quick steps approach until Heesung enters my field of vision, coming to stand right in front of me. His face held a blank expression, void of any emotion. He seemed kind of drunk. As for me, I was lying on the bed until he stood in front of me, forcing me to take a sitting position. He took a chair, turned it around just in front of the bed before placing it, and sat on it so that he would be at my level when speaking.

"You really think you're going to sit here calmly until your friends come to rescue you? It's pathetic..." The odor of alcohol was so intense that it drove me insane.

"You don't know how much fun it's going to be if real action takes place. Hm?" I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"If you ever get bored here, don't hesitate to let me know you need some distraction. Besides, I think it could be a good way to remind your daddy to hurry if he wants to see his little girl in good condition. " He delicately began to caress my thigh, right where the wound was.

Too much. Too much disgust fills me up. I'm sick to my stomach. I spit on his face, feeling anger boiling inside me because I had my limits too. Yes. you heard me right. The boy stood up, astonished. He whipped his face and watched his hands before mockingly laughing.

"You little brat!" He shouted before slapping me.

The sharp pain quickly took over my left cheek, where Heesung had slapped me. Not even five seconds later, I received another slap that I had not anticipated. Even though after receiving the first slap, I was able to somehow maintain my composure and suppress my emotions, this time it was so agonizing that I was unable to do so.

"Is the little princess crying now?" He said while wiping away my tears with his thumb. His
touch made me shake, which only made me cry more.

"Don't worry, your father will learn about this and won't like me slapping you. He will come to rescue you soon, and that's when the real game will begin. " His evil smile made me sick.

"Why do you do this? What's your plan?" I managed to ask. No response. Instead, he placed his thumb on my lower lip, stroking it.

"Get your dirty hands off of me, you psycho!" I shouted and turned my head to the side. He smirked and tilted his head to one side before starting to laugh, sounding like a maniac.

"Now, I like this attitude of yours more..." My body refused to calm down; I was still feeling his nasty hands on me.

"Guess you won't be eating tonight." He said before slamming the door shut and leaving me in the cold, yet dirty room with Jake, who was on his phone with his earphones in his ears, obviously not caring about this whole thing at all.

I badly needed to scream out loud to let my anger out. The pain, the disappointment, the doubt—everything was driving me mad. My brain was about to explode. In fact, I soon felt a sharp headache. I needed distraction. I didn't care what it was; I needed to think about something else.

"Entertain me." The straight words came out of my mouth before I even had time to think. Shit. Stupid brain.

"Excuse me?" The boy put his phone down and looked me straight in the eyes for the first time since Heesung got out of the room. So, even with his earbuds, he could hear clearly. I didn't have much luck, at least not with that one.

"Well, I said... don't make me repeat myself. It doesn't matter, ignore just what I said." Now that the words were out, I couldn't deny what I just said. He scoffed and let a crooked smile appear on his face.

"Who do you think I am?" I remained silent, averting my gaze from him and feeling utterly remorseful for having asked him that.

"You think it's funny, don't you?" But again, I didn't say anything.

"So... Felix. Isn't it funny that he would probably risk it all for you? But not because he needs to protect you out of love, but simply because it's his duty? "It's so stupid for you to actually buy it." I felt a sharp pain in my heart. If I had mentioned any sort of distraction, it definitely wasn't including him in it.

"Is this guy like a bully or so? I saw him the other day in the parking lot when you were in the library." He paused after I threw a questioning look.

"What? Don't look at me like that. I was told to follow you to know about your whereabouts. That's all." He held up his arms in a symbol of defense.

"Don't talk about him. I don't want to hear anything."

He was about to say something when his phone decided to ring. I automatically glanced at it, being perfectly able to read the name written on the screen: "Jay". The Jay?

So this was no coincidence, then? Of course it wasn't, because everything was planned and my friends didn't know it.
He did not pick up the phone. Instead, he got out of the room to speak to him. This meant nothing good.