t e n

"Fuck you Felix" I muttered to myself as I tried to tie a knot with a thick ribbon around my neck.

I had grabbed the first thing I had found in his room to cover the mark he had left on my neck. It's not that the ribbon looked that ridiculous, but I never wore accessories such as this one and I knew my friends would question me about it.

------------------------

"Look who's walking towards us alive! " Yeosang exclaimed as the group saw me.

I had asked Felix, no forced him, to not drop me exactly in the parking lot in case we met the boys.

"Yeosang, quit it." Hongjoong elbowed him, and I innerly thanked him.

"Have you adapted a new style or what is this?" Seongwha said, gesturing toward my neck.

"I like it though," Irene said, placing her hands on her waist.

"Well... yeah, I wanted to add this to my outfit today," I explained as I fiddled with the ribbon around my neck.

"Or are you hiding something underneath it, huh?" Yeosang wiggled his eyebrows as he approached me with a smirk glued to his face.

The others smirked while Wooyoung, who had his eyes locked on the screen of his laptop during the whole time, finally dared to lay eyes on me.

"Don't be ridiculous. There's nothing for me to hide." I rolled my eyes, hoping I was a good actress at this moment.

"Maybe a hickey?" Yunho asked. He suddenly held his hand out to my throat and moved the fabric slightly to the side.

"Did the kid try to eat you? I can't believe it! This boy has no manners. " Seonghwa exclaimed, eyes wide open, and Yeosang and Yunho laughed.

At his words, Wooyoung suddenly stood up, making the chair fall back. Everyone fell silent. Mingi tried to grab his wrist, but he wasn't quick enough: he was already in front of me. He was furious. He grabbed my hand and yanked me to the side in order to have some privacy. When he looked around the hallway to confirm we were alone, he let go of me.

"Did he touch you without your consent?" He ran his hand through his hair. His voice didn't really sound angry, but I could see the vein that had appeared on his neck. It was like he was ready to punch something.

"What?" My eyes widened. "You need to stop this toxic behaviour, Woo..."  I really meant it. It wasn't good for me nor for him.

"What exactly did he tell you?" He ignored what I said and stepped a little closer as his voice softened.

I did not answer, not being able to. I could only concentrate on his face.

"Nothing important." I murmured, realizing he was still waiting for an answer. I lowered my head and looked at the ground.

He sighed and closed the gap between us, embracing me. He did not question anything after hearing my words, knowing that they were useless.

"I don't want anything to happen to you okay? He said quietly, stroking my hair.

"I know." My voice was low.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Yah! Jay is throwing a party the weekend after next and Mingi said he invited us all." Irene said, sipping on her milkshake.

"Who's Jay again?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"They used to go to the same school. I'm talking about that Jay." I simply nodded.

"I don't know if I wanna come. I'm not really in the mood at the moment though. " I said this while stirring the straw in my drink.

"C'mon! Let's have some fun. When was the last time we actually partied? "

"See! You can't even remember. After all, what do we need to worry about? The boys will be there, and like I said, he's Mingi's friend. "

"They were classmates and not friends," I noted.

"Yeah, well, that is more of something between classmates and friends, honey. Simple classmates would not invite you to a party after all of this time."

"Whatever," I retorted while shrugging.

At that moment, someone entered the cafe, and I slightly turned my head. A young man around my age, with dark eyes and hair, was about a head taller than me. But I didn't recognize him until I saw the scar on the right side of his face. Sunoo...

He didn't notice me at first, but I quickly caught his attention with my surprised facial expression. He tilted his head to one side as if he was trying to remember my face, and a few seconds later, his eyes widened.

I couldn't believe my eyes. It was him, standing by the door of the café. Three years had passed, and we had to meet up again in these circumstances. I wasn't ready for this, I didn't want to see him. I still wasn't completely healed after what I'd endured.
Everything, I just remembered everything. This just had to be a nightmare.

My breath became irregular. I noticed heart palpitations in my chest and I could hear my heartbeat. Irene noticed that I wasn't acting normally, and as soon as she discovered the boy, she understood everything.

"We need to leave. Let's go"

We quickly grabbed our bags and left the place, heading towards Irene's car. It didn't take her long to start the engine and drive.

"I just pray this was a coincidence." She said, her grip on the stirring wheel tight.

It was already dark outside, and I just hoped it wasn't an extra obstacle to prevent Irene from driving easily. Before I could say anything, Irene's phone started to vibrate. We both looked at the screen. Yunho was calling. She instantly picked up the phone, without any hesitation.

"Hello?"

"Irene! I think this is something you should know. " Yunho seemingly hesitated to continue talking.

"What's the matter? Don't make me wait any longer then. " She said this as more panic was rising in her.

"It's about Wooyoung. He and Felix got into a fight. Wooyoung needed five stitches."
Irene and I automatically looked at each other confused.

"Fuck" There was no way. Just yesterday. We saw each other yesterday. "Fuck, fuck, fuck!"

So many things happened at the same time. Tears started to form in my eyes. I wanted to kill Felix. What had he done?