s i x t e e n

"No I swear! And then I stabbed him! He didn't even expect it!" Jisung chuckled next to me as he finished his story.

However, I did not move. Bang Chan and Jeongin left Jisung alone with me, so I couldn't go anywhere until Felix came back. This was ridiculous.
As his laughter subsided, he got up from his chair and sat next to me.

"You know he doesn't like it when you don't do what he asks, do you?" Jisung's usual dark eyes seemed brighter this time, almost holding a certain spark.

"I know. I don't like it either when he behaves like that. But I just did it for answers. I want to find out who tried to kill me that night, why he saved me, and more about my friends. But I never get proper answers." I sighed and leaned back in my seat.

"Wow, one question at a time, please." I simply rolled my eyes at that.

"What do you want to know? I'll answer honestly," Jisung puffed his cheeks a little. Crazy or not, there were times when Jisung seemed so innocent, good, sweet, and caring. Unable to be what he really was: a killer. But it was the reality.

"First of all, who tried to kill or... I don't know, kidnap me?"

"I'm not sure," I sighed loudly. I was angry at Jisung's response.

"I wasn't there, I just know what the others said. And all I know is that Ateez and Felix are involved in it. There is something... better said someone, between both of our gangs. That's the only reason we can't be in a relationship," Jisung shrugged before talking further, leaning closer and whispering in my ear.

Someone? But who? If he was talking about Heesung... No, that was...

"Listen, you have to run as soon as you have a chance. Felix will hurt or even worse, kill you anyway. It doesn't matter if he likes you. He hasn't said it himself, but I know him better than you do. First of all, he has a plan to destroy Ateez, and the first plan is to separate you from them."

"You-" I tried to reply but I was cut off by someone.

"Don't talk to her, Jisung. She's not at the point where she understands anything anyway." When we heard the voice behind us, Jisung jumped away from me.

He stood up without a word, punching Bang Chan in the shoulder as he left the room. Bang Chan closed his eyes for a moment, sighing before approaching me and standing next to me.

"Give me your phone Aeri," Chan held out his hand.

"I don't have it" I looked up to meet his gaze. He seemed annoyed by my response since he knew I had stolen it from Felix. Sounds quite funny when you think you can steal your own phone from someone else. I had found it in one of the drawers in his room. "You told me not to use it-"

"Just give it to me," Chan stated, and I did what he said, handing over my phone.

"Unlock" he returned my phone to unlock, took it back as I did, then rolled his eyes.

"Kang Yeosang," Chan chuckled.

"I said it's a miracle she's still alive. Knowing Felix, she'd be dead by now." He moved his eyes from the screen to me. "She doesn't answer, something's wrong." He read aloud the message Yeosang had probably sent to the group conversation.

"Wooyoung is very worried about you, very. Just like Seonghwa, Hongjoong, Mingi and oh- Irene." Whatever the reason was, it sounded a little odd when he spoke Irene's name.

He pinched his nose before gently pulling it as he wrote on my phone. I didn't even say anything. It couldn't be prevented, it would probably only make the situation worse. It was not like I stood a chance against him anyway.
With a sigh, he locked my phone and placed it in his pocket.

"Tell me. Do you feel something for Wooyoung? I mean because obviously he does. You know everyone sees how he stares at you?" I didn't respond. Didn't want to give him the satisfaction but yes, I really, really cared for him. Simply not in the way he thought and it hurt me knowing I couldn't give him a chance because of my feelings for Felix. It was absolutely ridiculous; I couldn't be that attached to a boy I barely knew.

"Do you want to eat something?" Gladly he changed the subject. And even though I shook my head, indicating no, he pulled me to my feet.

"You have to eat. Don't know when your last meal was but you need food," he said as he pulled me into the kitchen, forcing me to sit in a chair.

"Sandwich? Leftover Tteokbokki?" He raised an eyebrow as he opened the fridge.

Again, I didn't answer. I didn't even bother to look at him. My brain was only concentrated on one thing; repeating Jisung's words. Again and again.

"Some people don't realize what they have until they lose it. But I won't let that happen to you. Now you won't understand, but eventually later, some day, you will. Now eat this, Aeri." I obeyed Chan as he placed the sandwich and the heated dish in front of me.
There was a little smile on his lips as he watched me eat the sandwich he had made.

Despite my anger and sadness, I muttered a quiet thank you. At least he took his time for me.

"Let's go Aeri. " Chan weakly grabbed my arm, led me out into the hallway and opened the door.

"I said I wouldn't let you suffer and I truly hope this is the best for you. Now go Aeri. Irene is waiting for you outside." He gave me a reassuring smile as he opened the door wide, and I just kept looking at it.

"But Felix won't appreciate this at all Chan." I didn't want to know his reaction.

"I'll talk to him and everything will be fine, don't worry. Now go before Felix comes back. Before it's too late. Just go."

After that, I hurried as quickly as I could down the street in search of my best friend.