Chapter20: Go figure it out

"Cole why do you have a lot of text messages, and do you ever check them?" Marcus asked.

Cole snatched his phone away from him and puts his phone in his pocket."

"It is none of your business and I barely check my phone because I don't even like talking to people that much." Cole said. "Why were you looking at my phone anyway?"

"I got bored, so I decided to play games on your phone and also I beat your high score."

"No you did not."

"Yes I did Cole. " Marcus said with a smile across his face and Cole rolled his eyes.

"Is Mom still out of town?"

"Yeah she is coming home next week."

"Okay."

"So did you fixed the car ?"

"Yeah I did so let's go home."

They were driving home from their cousin's house until Cole's car broke down in the middle of the road.

"Thank God."

Cole chuckled as both of them went inside in the car.

"Can we go to Uncle Julio's house, he promised me something." Marcus asked.

"Like what?"

"He said he had an early birthday present for me."

"Your birthday is in September you know that right?"

"Yeah I know so that's why he said it is a early  birthday present." Marcus said as he rolled his eyes.

****
"No way this is what I always wanted." Marcus said.

"Well it wasn't hard to find especially when you have so many skateboards." Julio said.

"Then why buy it for him?" Cole asked.

Julio shrugged. "It was either a video game that he keeps asking me for since he was afraid to tell your mom about it  but then I realized he was too young for it."

"I am about to turn thirteen and I am not  scared of a violent video game okay!" Marcus fired back.

"Oh really because when you were ten, you forced me to let you watch a horror movie with me when I was babysitting you and guess what happened?" Julio said.

"Yeah I know I had nightmares and my mom  scolded you but I am almost a teenager which I can't believe that my childhood life is almost over." Marcus said.

"Man I missed my childhood." Cole said

"Of course you do." Julio said

"I am thinking donating  my old stuffs because you know there is a lot of people doesn't have a lot of things that they can't afford and I care about people." Marcus said.

"This is coming from the same guy that mess with Spencer every time he is around." Cole said.

"Doesn't every siblings do that?"

"Yeah you are not wrong."

****

"So how's everything going with you and your girlfriend? Julio asked.

Cole sighed. "It is going great that is all."

"Really?"

You know it is not going good uncle, I hate the fact that we still love each other but the fighting just tears us apart." Cole said.

"Cole every time you say the word 'love', you sound like you don't mean it."

"I do mean it okay."

"No you don't Cole and everyone can sense it."

"What are you talking about?"

"Say it with all your might and tell me that you love her and willing to have something that serious."

Cole didn't say anything but thought about him and Maddie's relationship and how he truly want to fix it because they both are madly love with each other even though it is really toxic.

"I do love her, but I still don't see myself being with her forever in the future."

"Then she is not the right girl for you and you are not the right guy for her anyway."

"Then who is it?"

 Go figure it out all by yourself nephew or just wait for it to magically happen."