Chapter40:Birthday Stuffs

September 9th

"Happy birthday Marcus." Cole said.

"Thanks Cole and where is my present?" Marcus asked.

"Um I got you this gift card." Cole said as he hands him a Mexican Grill gift card.

"Cool and besides I wasn't expecting you to buy anything which I all need is my family and friends." Marcus said.

"Hey Marcus I can't believe this little guy is thirteen now." Spencer said.

"Damn Spencer I don't want be not old like you are right now."Marcus said while Spencer rolled his eyes and Cole laughed.

The music was playing loud and the smell of Italian and Mexican food filled the air.

"Being in your twenties is not  even old and also you are thirteen so why are you talking about that right now?" Spencer asked.

Marcus shrugged and was about to say something until a splash of water hits his back.

"Maryann what the heck and this is my favorite shirt." Marcus said.

"Me, Paulo,Jules and Michelle are having a water balloon fight do you want to join?"Maryann asked.

"You lost me at water balloon fight so count me in." Marcus said.

*********

"I am starting to wonder if Marcus would be taller than you in the future?"James asked.

Spencer scoffed. "Please that will never happen."

"It probably won't and I mean the youngest should be taller than the oldest one but you and Spencer are basically the same height." Cole said.

After the birthday party , Cole and his two brothers decided to chill at a diner.

Cole's phone buzzed and he looked at the contact before declining the call and turned his phone off.

"Was that Maddie?" James asked.

"Yeah but I don't really like talking to her right now." Cole said while he drank his soda.

" I heard you are taking couple therapy, how is that going for you guys?" Spencer asked.

"It is going great you know and I got something on my mind though."

"What is it?" James asked.

"I feel like proposing to Maddie one day but I just can't see us being together forever."

"You know Cole I think you need to choose your decisions wisely before you make a mistake in your life." James said

"Yeah I know but like I want a relationship like mom and dad was even though not all relationships are perfect." Cole says.

"Yeah not all relationships are perfect but the love that mom and dad had for each other was really special ." Spencer said.

"Yeah it was." Cole said.

*******

Two weeks later

"I guess we had a lot of great progress during this two weeks of this therapy session and which I might say honestly you two are the unique couple I ever had." Ms.Wilcox says.

Cole mentally rolled his eyes.

"So we are done?" Cole asked knowing what the answer would be.

"Nope we still have a lot of therapy sessions to go through or unless you think you can have a good healthy and serious relationship then we should be done."