Chapter57:A Sign Of Desperation

"Wait so it is true?" Cole asked.

"Answer the question Steele." Gustavo said.

"Shut up Gustavo and half of what he said was true but your father didn't want me sign you even though he was thinking about it which never happened because we both know how the media would be thinking that you are only here because of your dad." Roger said.

"I know you have the talent but I wanted to see you make a name out of yourself and  not in the spotlight of your dad. Also I would have signed you if you weren't related to him or anything else." He also added.

"What did Gustavo means about my family's trust?" Cole asked.

"Your great grandfather used to be in CrossKnights before he passed away and the rest is history." Roger said.

"How old are you?" Cole asked.

"How old do you think I am?" Roger questioned.

"I don't know probably late or early fourties' I don't know but anyway Gustavo isn't one of your artist the daughter of a famous singer who also in the same record company." Cole said.

"Well it is different because I see the talent in them and pretty much I don't-"

"You know Gustavo if you going to keep lying, you might as well just tell the truth because you are afraid to get exposed and also the fact you keep bugging Cole to sign to you is really a sign of a desperation." Roger said.

"Look Roger I am not desperate and besides I am tired of my clients going to your company." Gustavo  said.

"And they did it for a good reason because of what you did to them." Roger said.

Cole always wondered why Roger and Gustavo have a rivalry against each other and how it happened.

**********

"Do you ever feel like dying?" Cole asked.

"I am going to tell you something Cole please don't ever mention the word dying to me." Diego the third said.

"Yeah I know don't say it front of a  very old person." Cole said.

Diego rolled  his eyes  at him.

"Anyway Cole is there something I need to know about because death is not something to joke about."

"Yeah I know but life is just life." Cole said.