Chapter88:Proposal Gone Wrong

November 20th
"Cole where are we going?" Maddie asked.

"Don't worry it is a surprise and keep the blindfold on until we get there." Cole said.

"I can't wait to see what the surprise is." Maddie said.

"Yeah and I hope you say yes to it." Cole mumbled quietly for Maddie to not hear him.

As he was driving to the place that he organized with Ryan's help so he could propose to Maddie and spend his whole life with her forever.

He drove to an private beach where he planned the proposal and smiled to himself when he see the flowers on the sand that said "Will You Marry Me?"

He parked in the parking a lot and got out of the car so he could open the door for Maddie.

Cole knows she hates having a lot of attention on an occasion that could be huge and special but only want to be only them even with their family as well.

Knowing what their relationship was and always has been toxic , no one is surprised that Cole want to marry her because he still loves her even though the love he has for her is gone.

He helped her walked to the beach where the proposal was.

"Maddie you know I love you right?" Cole questioned.

"Yeah I know you do Cole." Maddie said.

"Maddie just know that I always be there for you forever until we turn old and I can see us being together forever hopefully with no drama." Cole said.

"Cole what are you trying to say?" Maddie asked.

"Maddie you can take the blindfold off you know." Cole said.

As she takes the blindfold off, Cole kneels down on the sand and took the ring out of his pocket.

Maddie looked around and saw what the roses said as she was shocked and surprised right now.

She turned her back to see Cole holding an ring while kneeling on the sand.

"Cole." Maddie said with a speechless look on her face.

"What I am trying to say here Maddie is that would you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" Cole asked.

"Cole I-"
...........................

"She said no!?!?!" Justin said.

"Yes she did and you seems so happy about that right now." Cole said.

"I mean sorry but honestly I never thought you guys would be together forever despite the fact how toxic your relationship is." Justin said.

Cole sighed and ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. " Yeah I know but I never expected her to say no even though she keep saying that she want a family and a long term relationship."

"And she knows that you have a commitment issues and probably don't believe that you want a family right now."

"Yeah true even though I want to wait until my late twenties but it is what it is."

"How are you feeling?"

"I am feeling a lot of emotions that I can't even explain right now."

"Damn know what I am gonna cheer you up and also one more thing are you guys still technically together even after she said no to your proposal?"

"I have no idea if we are still together after that Justin."