Chapter35:The Address Part Three

"So I reminds you of my dad?" Cole asked.

"Yes you do and there are some similarities between you two." Margaret said.

"Like what?" Cole questioned.

"Your love for music." Margaret said.

"Yeah that is true but is that the only similarity you can see?." Cole said.

"You two care about others but you seems stubborn in your life and probably in a unhealthy relationship that people keep telling you to leave but you won't." Margaret said.

"How do you know about that?" Cole asked.

"So it is true."

"I mean I am not in a unhealthy relationship and it just we have a lot of problems in our relationship that's all."

"Are you happy?"

Cole thought for an minute before answering.

"Yeah I am happy."

"Why lie saying that you are happy when you know you are not?"

"I mean I always have thoughts about it but it doesn't that I am not happy in my relationship."

"I used to be in that same position like you are right now."

"Yeah Grandpa told me."

"Of course he did, anywhere ay he was a great father but the relationship we had was too much to handle because of the fighting and yelling."

"How did you guys meet?"

"We met at a bar and I was seventeen at that time." Margaret said.

"And your grandfather was twenty two when I met him." She also added.

"Wait so you were groomed?" Cole questioned knowing how the fifties through the nineties was.

"It was fine back then and there were thirteen old kids dating thirty years old man."  Margaret said.

"That's really fucked up but was there anyone that was against it?" Cole asked.

"There were some but I should have listened to them because they were right." Margaret said.

*****

After spending time with his grandmother, Cole was now driving  back to Los Angeles.

His phone was buzzing and he answered it then putting it on speaker so he can focus on driving.

"You know I would never want to live in your generation." Cole said.is

"Good because back then there was a lot of shit happening which it is still going on now." Grandpa said.

"Yeah but Grandpa you don't really hate her that much don't you?" Cole asked.

"I still but there is some days that I wouldn't hate her."

"Yeah right." Cole said sarcastically.

"What did she said about me?"

"She said some good things about you and Grandpa really you dated someone really younger than you that is just fucked up." Cole said.

A chuckle was heard through the phone.

"Cole how old are you?"

"Nineteenth why?"

"How old is your girlfriend?"

"Twenty-three or five I don't remember."

"Yeah especially when you met her at sixteen while she was eighteen so you shouldn't be talking Cole."