Please never try cooking again (Anne x Reader)

More of me ignoring my assignments as they pile up and instead writing fluffy Oneshots to cope with the pain Amphibia is currently bringing me

———————————————————

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

Anne has been really stressed lately. Some big test was coming up and work had been more demanding than usual, I think that she regrets stopping working for her parents a little bit.

Because of this I decided that I would do something for her, something to try and show her how much she meant to me and that everything would be ok soon.

So I decided to plan a date. I knew that she wouldn't be keen on going out anywhere cause getting ready is a whole thing neither of us Wanna worry about and I think that I remember Mrs.Boonchuy telling me about Anne's favourite dish.

I had a movie ready to play, an endless supply of snacks and a pile of pillows and blankets that were practically an endless void. Everything was perfect, all I needed to do now was try to remember the recipe and cook dinner for two.

Only problem is... I can't cook.

———————————————————

"Shit, shit, shit" I softly mumble as the remnants of a once decent looking meal quite literally go up in flames. Panicking, I try picking up the pan off of the stove and waving it around in hopes that that would magically fix what I had somehow managed to do. Completely giving up, I resort to throwing it in the sink and turning on the water.

I lean over the bench and let out a sigh, maybe there was still enough time to order something in before Anne got back from her class. I really wanted this to be perfect but unfortunately cooking skills only included reheating stuff in the microwave.

"Smells like something's burning" A voice from the entrance the apartment says. I was so focused on fixing the disaster known as dinner that I hadn't heard the door open behind me.

"Anne! Oh I umm... hi, how was your day?" I ask, stepping in front of the burnt and now soggy mess in hopes of hiding it.

"Boring, although it just got a little more interesting. What on earth are you doing?" She asks, putting her bag down and moving towards me.

"Well I was trying to cook us something for dinner, actually it was that recipe that your mum said was your favourite. But..." my voice trails off as I gesture to the black goop sitting in the sink.

"How did you even- never mind I don't wanna know. How about you start cleaning up... whatever that is" she chuckled, looking at my cooking then back to me. "And I'll make us something edible for dinner"

"Noooooo, I wanted to cook something nice for you because you've been so stressed lately. It was meant to be a night off for you, I had it all planned out"

"Well it seems you didn't account for your lack of basic cooking knowledge. Honestly your clumsiness in the kitchen rivals Marcy's day to day" she chuckles, opening the fridge to grab more ingredients.

"Oh come on I'm not that bad, no offence to Marcy of course, but her clumsiness is unmatched" I claim, watching Anne as she looks at me unimpressed before pointing towards what was originally planned to be our dinner. "Ok fine maybe I am that bad but c'mon Anne, at least let me help" I plead, grabbing the bowl out of her hands and looking up at her. "Tonight was meant to be relaxing for you"

"(Y/N), cooking is relaxing for me. Especially when the people I love get to enjoy my cooking" she smiles back down at me. "So go clean up the sink and by the time you finish that I'll have something worth a five star review all ready" she proudly claimed.

"Yeah alright I guess..." I whine, moving towards the sink.

"Love you babe"

"Love you too Anne"

"Oh but (Y/N)" She stopped me, pulling me by my wrist and putting her hands around my waist.

"Yeah?" I asked, putting my arms around her neck.

"I love you with all of my heart, but we just moved in together and I'd prefer to not have the place be burned down. So please, never try to cook for me again"

"Fine by me Boonchuy"

———————————————————

Whelp hope you enjoyed, not spell or grammar checked at all btw. Also I just found out that my mum has known about my 'secret' Wattpad account for months and didn't tell me about it so.... That's fun.

As usual I hope that you're all having a bloody amazing day/night/whatever time you're reading. You all better be getting enough sleep, drinking water and most of all staying positive.

That's all from me mates so I'll see ya later 😁