Chapter 6 - Viscount's Party

In the carriage on our way to our home in London, Ciel was staring at an envelope from the queen.

Zuli: "Are you planning on opening it, or just going to keep staring?"

He glanced up at me, I just smiled innocently. We arrived and got out of the carriage.

Ciel: "I hate this... there are too many people in London."

Sebastian: "There is no helping it, my lord... It's tradition for the nobility to migrate en masse to town from the country every season."

Ciel: "The season, eh...? A waste of time if you ask me.

Sebastian: "Getting away from the manor could prove a nice change of pace. We can enjoy a little peace and quiet for a time."

Ciel: "Some peace and quiet does sound nice."

We walked up the stairs and opened the door to the drawing room.

Madam Red: "Rrr... Goodness sake! Where do they keep the tea in this house?"

Lau: "I can't find it either. Nothing in this vase."

Zuli, Ciel & Sebastian: "......"

Madam Red: "Don't be silly! Of course it's not in there."

Zuli: "'Peace and quiet' he says..."

Ciel: "Madam Red? Lau? Why are you here?!"

Madam Red: "Zuli, Ciel... You're early."

Lau: "Your sudden appearance here in town must mean..."

Madam Red: "The Queen's Guard Dog has a new scent to follow."

Ciel: "He struck again... Another prostitute was found gruesomely murdered in Whitechapel... These killings are far from normal... The level of violence we're seeing is unprecedented."

Zuli: "The most recent victim was a woman named Mary Ann Nichols... It appears a special type of blade was used. She was torn up beyond recognition... it was an awful mess."

Ciel: "The murderer's distinctive style of killing has earned him a unique nickname from the press..."

Zuli: "'Jack the Ripper'..."

Lau: "A frightening name, ey?"

Ciel: "That's why we're here earlier than expected. We hurried into town to look into the situation for ourselves."

Lau: "But are you sure you're brave enough to stomach the crime scene?"

Zuli & Ciel: "What do you mean by that?"

Lau: "The sight of the dismembered body will certainly be horrific... And one can only imagine the stench..."

He got up and walked over to us.

Lau: "Blood and gore everywhere... Surely it would be more than enough to drive some men mad... Are you prepared to see such a thing?"

He placed his hands on our cheeks.

Lau: "You're still quite young, after all."

Ciel: "I am the head of the Phantomhive family and in service to my queen."

Zuli: "This may be a big deal for normal folk like you, but for us... this is child's play."

Zuli & Ciel: "Don't ask foolish questions."