Chapter 21 - This Precious Family

Some few weeks after my Wonderland trip... I had noticed my brother's mood spiraling downward rapidly. And on this day, everyone could clearly see it.

Finni, Mey-Rin & Bard: "Good morning, sir, Miss Zuli! Hope you slept well!"

Zuli: "Good morning, my hearts."

I greeted our servants with a smile, my brother on the other hand...

Ciel: "Good morning..."

I stopped at the bottom of the stair, noticing his tone, and just watched him and Sebastian walk into the dining room.

Finni: "Master?"

Mey-Rin: "Feeling down, he is."

Bard: "Fraid so."

Tanaka: "Oh? How could you be so certain about that, Bardroy?"

Bard: "Well he may look the same as ever to an outsider. But his servants can see the difference, clear as day."

Mey-Rin: "Mhm."

Finni: "Mhm!"

Zuli: "*sigh*... Ciel..."

Finni: "Did something happen, Zuli?"

Zuli: "Not necessarily... He's just more gloomy than usual lately. Heh, though I suppose I'm hardly one to talk... I just wish I could figure out as to why."

Bard: "Then we'll just have to do our best to give the young master's spirits a boost!"

Mey-Rin: "That's a brilliant idea!"

Bard: "We're gonna throw him a party! It brought back Miss Zuli's smile, so it's sure to do the same for the master!"

Finni & Mey-Rin: "Partyyy!"

Zuli: "Ahahaha, that sounds lovely, my hearts... just... one thing though."

Tanaka: "Equanimity."

He deflated back down to his usual self before he could tell us anymore.

Mey-Rin: "What's equanimity?"

Bard: "I think it's to do with equal nemities."

Finni: "I think Tanaka means that we should help the earl relax by keeping things normal."

Zuli: "Yes, exactly! Ciel and I are quite different. Especially in terms of how we react to surprise parties, heh. So, just do your best today, alright?"

They stood at attention.

Finni, Mey-Rin & Bard: "Of course, Miss Zuli!"

I smiled with pride.

Ciel: "Zuli!"

Zuli: "Coming, baby brother! I'll come check on you all in a while."

I kissed their foreheads and headed into the dining room.

Mey-Rin: "I'll polish the manor till it gleams like new, yes I will!"

Bard: "And I think it's time I pull out a few of my special secret recipes."

Finni: "I'll make sure all the trees on the grounds are healthy as can be!"

Bard: "Let's go!"

Mey-Rin & Finni: "Right!"

Sebastian: "I imagine this year's exposition will be grand. It is the one hundredth anniversary of the French Revolution. They're building a colossal tower for the World's Fair I hear. The Eiffel Tower I believe they're calling it."