Trivia & Behind the Scenes

About Zuli:

+ This was my thought process behind Zuli's name. "Ciel has quite a unique name, so I don't want to give his sister some generic name...... I could name her after a gem, those names are always pretty. But what gem? Her eyes, or now eye, is a beautiful deep blue. A blue gem... Sapphire? No... Lapis? Yeah, I love lapis! Lapis Lazuli... Zuli! Zuli Phantomhive!" And thus, her name was decided.

+ I created Zuli and started her story back in March 2022 and released it September 2023, so Zuli hit her one year anniversary long before being published. I made a bunch of posts about it on my Instagram.

+ Zuli was born December 18th, 1871, making her and Ciel exactly four years and four days apart.

+ Zuli is 5ft 2. I wanted to make her taller than Ciel but shorter than Finni. But in the future both boys will no doubt be much taller than her.

+ She is Omni and Demisexual.

+ Zuli is the Phantomhive Matriarch. When you hear the words, matriarch and patriarch, you might think of your grandparents. The eldest, often married, members of the family. But that doesn't have to be the case. To qualify for the roles, they just have to be the heads. Like for the Phantomhives, Ciel is the Patriarch (the male head), and Zuli is the Matriarch (the female head). They're young, they're brother and sister, but they're the heads of the family.

+ Zuli technically has two nicknames. 'Su', given to her by Ciel when he was little and couldn't say her name right. But I as the writer sometimes call her 'Zuzu', even though she was never actually called that in story.

+ Zuli gets mad at Grell for calling her 'dear', because she's only comfortable with her family calling her that. Her parents, Madam Red, Lizzie, ect.

+ 'Bugger' kind of became Zuli's catchphrase, as she said it every time there was trouble. Zuli's Bugger Count is 17!

Zuli x Finni:

+ The romance between Zuli and Finni was originally going to be just a little thing on the side, but the more I wrote on it, the more I fell in love with the idea of the two of them together, and so the ship blossomed into a bigger part of her story.

+ Zuli and Finni is my slowest relationship. It took Zuli three years to say the words 'I love you' and mean it in that sense, not to mention they still haven't had their first kiss... yet.

+ Out of all the relationships I've made between a character and an OC of mine, Zuli and Finni are my favourite. Their romance is slow, but that's just one of the many things that make it special. They're so cute and they're both very precious to me.

+ Having a relationship where both sides are just as shy about their feelings is adorable! It's definitely one of my favourite ship dynamics. If you're a writer, or you just create ocs, I totally recommend.

+ Chapters 9 & 10 are known as 'Zuli's Jealousy Arc', and Chapters 15 & 16 are known as 'Finni's Jealousy Arc'.

+ Zuli and Finni's ship name is 'Finli'.

The Chapters:

+ Chapters 1 and 2, used to be one chapter for a long time before I decided to split them. Same thing goes for 25 and 26. They would have been WAY too long as one chapter. So there used to be 24 chapters total.

+ I wrote chapters 3-20, went back up and wrote 1 & 2, then came back down to 21 to keep going to the end. Chapters 1 & 2 were veeerry delicate and needed to be handled with the utmost care, along with much thought and planning.