Chapter 8 - No Matter the Sacrifice

Ciel took off Sebastian's coat and put it over Madam Red's body. He glanced at me.

Ciel: "Are you alright?"

Zuli: "No, Ciel... I'm not... look what just happened."

Ciel: "It wasn't supposed to be like this..."

Zuli: "And yet... why can't I bring myself to cry...? Have I simply run out of tears...?"

Ciel: "No. You're not like that. Your heart still allows you to shed tears for loved ones."

Zuli: "Then why can't I now?! I loved Madam Red..."

Ciel: "She was about to kill us."

Zuli: "But she stopped."

Ciel: "I know... It's all just a big mess."

He held my hand in his.

Zuli: "... It's all their fault... that bloody reaper. They corrupted her, encouraged the murderous nature... and in the end...... I hate them!"

Ciel: "I feel the same way... Sebastian will take care of them now."

Grell: "Hahaha!"

She ran towards him ready to attack, but Sebastian jumped up and dodged it.

Grell: "Here we are. A demon... and a reaper."

Sebastian made his attack and Grell leapt up out of the way.

Grell: "I suppose we'll never resolve this. These feelings that we have are forbidden... Oh, my! It's just like Romeo and Juliet!"

Sebastian shuddered, but Grell wasn't done.

Grell: "Oh my dear Bassy! Wherefore art thou, my sweet love, Bassy?!"

They were now up on the roof tops.

Grell: "If you would deny thy master and refuse thy name... I know that we could be happy together."

Sebastian: "The moment my master uttered my new name, the word became our solemn contract... I was rebaptized as his... From that day, I have been 'Sebastian'... by yonder moon, I swear it."

Grell: "To swear by something as inconstant as the moon... How can I believe your words? Yet I see your eyes and know that they do what your lips and hands long to do. You caress me softly with your unworthy, devilish gaze. Ooo~! It's too much, Bassy! I would bear your children if you'd only let me!"

Sebastian: "Please stop that... it is revolting."

Zuli: 'Took the words out of my mouth.'

Grell: "Oh... you treat me so coldly."

She revved her scythe.

Grell: "Beautiful tyrant!"

She slashed and missed.

Grell: "Friend angelical!"

And again.

Grell: "My dove-feathered raven! Oh Bassy!"

Sebastian blocked her and ran the scythe into the roof.

Grell: "Bassy... my love... If only cruel morning would never come... Then the two of us might go on like this forever, our love permanently lit by the moon's seductive glow. But no... I'm afraid our adventure ends here."