Chapter 19 - Past Rewritten

On the other side of the blinding light...

Sebastian: "Master!"

I let go of Sebastian and fell backwards, feeling disoriented. I looked up as Grell gasped.

Grell: "This is the Grim Reaper Library! I don't know if you're aware, but this is where the cinematic records are housed."

I stood up slowly, clutching my arm to my side. I looked around, but my brother was nowhere to be seen.

Zuli: "... Ciel...?"

They turned to me, Grell finally noticing I was there.

Grell: "AH! What the hell are you doing here?!"

Sebastian: "She grabbed hold of me before we jumped in."

Grell: "And you didn't stop her?!"

Grell walked up behind me with her hands on her hips while I pulled off the religious clothing I had on, until I was only wearing the grey robe.

Grell: "Zuli, you must go home this instant. You can't be here-"

Zuli: "Shut it!!"

Grell flinched and backed away as I turned to Sebastian in fury.

Sebastian: "My lady..."

I marched up to him and yelled as I rammed my fist into Sebastian's stomach, again and again.

Zuli: "BASTARD!! You have one job! Keep my little brother safe!! Now where is he?!! TELL ME WHERE HE IS!! BRING HIM BACK NOW-!!"

He caught my fist, and I scowled up at him with tears filling my eyes. He got down on one knee, holding my hand with the other over his heart, bowing his head.

Sebastian: "... I'm sorry..."

Zuli: "What?"

Sebastian: "I'm truly sorry I let this happen, my lady... I don't know what else to say..."

He looked up into my eyes.

Sebastian: "I can only promise that I will save him and make this right."

My face softened a little as a few tears slipped down my cheeks, and I spoke calmy.

Zuli: "You better... or I will never forgive you."

Sebastian: "I understand. I won't let you down again."

As Sebastian stood up, I wiped my cheeks and held my shoulder again, trying to ignore the pain.

Sebastian: "Your shoulder is dislocated. I can set it back for you, miss. It's the very least I can do."

Zuli: "*sigh* Fine... Reaper, give me your hand."

Grell: "What? Why? You're not giving bir-"

Zuli: "Now!!"

She flinched.

Grell: "Oh, fine...! Teenagers are so bossy."

Sebastian: "Ready? One... two... three."

I squeezed Grell's hand tight as he popped it back into place.

Zuli: "AAAHH-!"

Grell: "AHAOW!"

Grell pulled her squished hand out of mine.

Grell: "You did that on purpose!"

Zuli: "Quit your whining."