Chapter 22 - Hold My Hand

Bard: "Finni! Help me with this!"

Finni: "Yeah, okay!"

Mey-Rin: "Oh! Don't forget their underclothes!"

The servants were going back and forth with luggage for our trip.

Ciel: "Tanaka, how is it coming."

Tanaka: "Young Master, everything has been carried out to your specifications."

Sebastian: "My lord and lady, pardon me."

We turned to Sebastian at the door.

Sebastian: "I've taken care of our lodgings."

Ciel: "Very well, Sebastian."

Finni: "Pardon Miss Zuli, where exactly are you three going on this trip of yours- AHW!"

Bard interrupted him with a fist on the noggin.

Bard: "You mean to tell me you've been helping out with the packing all this time without knowing that?"

Zuli: "It's alright, my dears. We're going to Paris."

Ciel, Sebastian and I left on the next boat to Paris.

Sebastian: "Her majesty arrived in Paris three days ago. She should be viewing the exposition now. I'm sure the hotel will be heavily guarded."

I turned to my brother, noticing his distant stare.

Zuli: "Ciel?"

He snapped out of it.

Ciel: "Yes, what is it?"

Zuli: "Nothing really... You just seem distracted."

Ciel: "I'm fine. What about you? You've been unusually quiet, I thought you were ecstatic for this trip."

Zuli: "What can I say? At the end of the day... this just feels like another Queen's errand."

Ciel: "Hm?"

Zuli: "...... Never mind, forget I said anything."

We arrived in Paris, France.

Sebastian: "The Eiffel Tower marks the entrance to the Exhibition. And that is the Champ de Mars which houses the palace of fine arts. Then we have Machinery Hall, where one can see the pinnacle of modern technology. There's an exhibition on water culture. Esplanade des Ivalides features a colonial exhibition. From what I've heard, it features a reproduction of the ruins of Angkor, along with some lively folk dancing. Additionally, I understand that Buffulo Bill's Wild West Cowboy show is here all the way from the States. This is quite a special occasion. Perhaps we should look around some more."

Zuli: "Yes, come on, Ciel. Let's try and have some f- I mean... We can observe all that is happening as... good research for the company."

I smiled innocently as he glared at me in suspicion, knowing what I really meant. Meanwhile, some Frenchmen walked by behind us and we happened to overhear.

Frenchman 1: "You're sure?"

Frenchman 2: "Yes, they say there is a stuffed Angel at the Palace of Wonders."

Frenchman 1: "That I must see."

Zuli: "Did they say..."

Ciel: "Stuffed Angel?"