Chapter 24 - Fall of London Bridge

Sprinting inside towards the gunshot, the Undertaker's words kept repeating in my head.

Undertaker: "My young Earl... before much longer... you'll die... you'll die... you'll die-"

Zuli: "Shut up. Shut up! SHUT UP!!"

I found my brother in time to see him collapse to the ground, blood seeping out of a gunshot wound to his ribs and surrounded by armed queen's guard.

Zuli: "NO!"

I pushed past the guards and fell to my knees at my brother's side.

Guard: "Oi! How did you get in here-"

Zuli: "Back off, you savages! To hell with you all, shooting an unarmed boy!"

Ciel: "Zuli...?"

He rolled over and I cupped his face, stroking the hair out of his eye.

Zuli: "I'm right here, Ciel. Stay still... What the bloody hell happened?"

Guard: "Out of the way or we'll-"

Zuli: "I said BACK OFF!"

Ciel: "The queen is dead... Ashe killed her..."

I stared wide eyed at that response. Why would he?

Ciel: "They think I did it, then when they shot, I... I..."

Zuli: "Sebastian abandoned us, Ciel! He's not-"

I took his eye patch off, surprised and a little afraid to see the mark still fully there.

Ciel: "Heh... you were saying?"

Zuli: "I... don't understand..."

Ciel: "Neither do I... But don't worry yet, sister..."

I noticed the blood on the floor under us had shaped into the same pentagram as his seal. And his eye glowed, which told me it still worked.

Ciel: "I won't end here... NOT LIKE THIS!"

Guard: "FIRE-!"

I hugged Ciel close to me, trying to shield him as they fired... but nothing hit. We looked up to see Sebastian kneeling before us, bullets in hand.

Zuli: "You came back...?"

Ciel: "Sebastian, wh- why..."

He turned to us, smiling like nothing ever changed.

Sebastian: "It is exactly as you said, master. You won't end. Not here, not now."

I scowled at him, conflicted feelings about his return. He threw the bullets, taking out the guards around us.

Sebastian: "Master... I ask your forgiveness for taking unauthorised leave."

Zuli: "Forgiveness?"

Ciel: "What... was so important?"

Sebastian: "Oh. I was seeing to the preparations for the last supper."

Our eyes widened, understanding what he was referring to.

Sebastian: "Spicy, bitter, but sometimes sweet. It's a multifaceted meal indeed. Raised to perfection."

I inched closer to my brother, protectively.

Sebastian: "Thanks to you, this last supper will be delicious. I will be able to enjoy the ultimate soul."