Chapter 10 - Good Dog, Bad Dog

Bard: "He's gone... bloody hell."

Ciel, Sebastian and Angela came down.

Angela: "Where is Lord Barrymore?"

Someone was banging on the front door so we went back upstairs. One of the villagers stumbled in as we opened it.

Villager: "The demon hound... the great hound is here."

Zuli: "What are you on about?"

He lead us to the kill circle where we were earlier. The entire village was on their knees, chanting.

Villagers: "The white dog is a good dog, a good dog, good. The black dog is a bad dog, a bad dog, bad...."

Sebastian: "What's happening?"

Villagers: "He'll eat your flesh down to the bone, down to the bone. He'll gobble you up 'til you're gone, 'til you're gone. Lullaby the sun sets, lullaby good night..."

Bard: "Snap out of it! What you all doing?!"

With a flash of lighting, we all looked up to see Barrymore sitting against the wall, clearly dead. In addition, his arm was torn off. Finni and Mey-Rin screamed.

Zuli: "I don't understand..."

Ciel: "Sebastian..."

He walked forward and examined his arm.

Villagers: "Oh great demon hound!" "Please, please! Oh please!" "Demon hound, please! Forgive us!"

Angela gasped and slow fainted.

Finni: "Angela!"

I scowled as he knelt down to her, and Bard noticed my harsh expression.

Bard: "You alright, miss?"

I spoke through gritted teeth.

Zuli: "Yes, Bard... I'm absolutely... fine."

Bard: "Hmm..."

We all headed back to the castle.

Sebastian: "Well, this is unfortunate. To think... all this happening after the case was closed. I'm sure you're a bit... annoyed?"

Zuli & Ciel: "Are you quite finished?"

Sebastian: "Where is Angela?"

Mey-Rin: "We left her to rest up in her bed for now. She seems tired, yes she does."

Bard: "Too pitiful to watch... poor bird."

I was sitting there with my arms crossed, not looking at anyone. I couldn't remember the last time I felt pissy like this.

Ciel: "This village isolated itself completely from the rest of society out of fear of the Demon Hound's curse. I thought for certain the hound was an illusion created by Lord Barrymore so he could more firmly rule the village."

Zuli: "That was certainly the logical reason. But due to tonight's events..."

Ciel: "With him dead... I need to rethink things."

Bard: "He was covered in bite wounds. Maybe the villagers are right. Maybe it really was the demon hound."

Mey-Rin: "Maybe he's upset at bein' blamed for Lord Henry's misdeeds."