Chapter 17 - Curry Wars

Announcer: "Oh my word...! Our gracious queen, Her Majesty and mother of England... Queen Victoria!"

Crowd: "It's her..." "I can't believe she really came." "She's much smaller than before..."

As the Queen walked down the red carpet, everyone sang.

Everyone: "~~God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, god save the Queen! Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us, God save the Queen!~~"

Ashe, her butler, led her to the high backed throne by the judges table and bent down to let her whisper to him before straitening up.

Ashe: "Her Majesty bids me tell you, 'I am so sorry I have been unable to appear before you. However, I am now in such perfect health that I may even enjoy curry again. My late husband...'"

Everyone: "Prince Albert, may he rest in peace!"

Ashe: "'Was exceedingly fond of curry as well. I look forward to your food.'"

The crowd erupted into cheers!

Announcer: "And with that... A la cuisine!"

Jesse Waldock: "For your convenience and my sanity, I'm going to present to you the inner thoughts and monologues of others for this chapter only."

Agni's Thoughts: 'Prince Soma... you are my god.'

Agni unravelled the bandage from his godly hand as the cooking began.

Agni's Thoughts: 'For you I will use my power!'

Agni clearly knew what he was doing as he grabbed spices and tossed them in the pot.

Crowd: "It's almost like that man's hand has a mind of its very own!" "And it smells wonderful!"

West: "HA! I paid for this..."

I looked over in the crowd to see West looking grossly confident, and Ciel noticed me scowling at him.

Ciel: "Patient, Zuli... we will beat him."

I turned my head back to the cooking.

Zuli: "You're right."

West: "The Hand of Kali. With him, I'm sure to win-"

He was cut off when everyone gasped in amazement at Sebastian.

Crowd: "Funtom's not doing badly! "And it smells amazing!"

I glanced over again and smirked at the look on West's face.

West's Thoughts: 'That butler...'

Crowd: "I say, what is he doing?" "Hold on what is he-?"

Sebastian was dropping chunks of chocolate into the curry.

Crowd: "Chocolate in curry?" "What is he thinking?" "Revolting!"

West: "Ahaha, a kids's company, of course they'd use chocolate! Just a bid for publicity!"

Agni stopped and stared too, surprised, a little nervous too.

Agni: "He is wrong... That is a legitimate ingredient. Blending cacao, it provides aroma and bitterness and gives it a mellow, full-bodied flavour... Where did you get an idea like that? You're an Englishman, are you not?"

Sebastian tasted his curry and smiled.

Sebastian: "It was an order from my master."

Agni still looked shocked.