Chapter 9 - Welcome to Houndsworth

Bard, Finni & Mey-Rin: "Holiday! Holiday! We're going on holiday! Holiday! Holiday! We're going on holiday!"

I smiled as they chanted happily in the cart behind us.

Finni: "This is so exciting. I can't believe it."

Mey Rin: "Spectacular! They're actually bringing us! We get to go on holiday at the queen's own resort!"

Bard: "Looks like the young master can be quite generous when the spirit moves 'im, eh?"

Finni: "It's thanks to Zuli too."

Mey-Rin: "Yes, she convinced him to let us come, she did."

Sebastian: "Do you hear how happy they are? They're very grateful to you. Such a kind young master."

Ciel: "My hands were tied, I didn't have much of a choice."

Zuli: "Meaning, you couldn't say no to me."

He glared at me.

Zuli: "Come now, don't look at me like that. Everyone needs to get out of the house every once in a while."

Sebastian: "Indeed."

Sebastian stopped the cart in front of a sign that read, 'Welcome to Houndsworth'.

Sebastian: "It seems we've arrived at the village, everyone."

We all looked to our left.

Bard, Finni & Mey-Rin: "Ah, wow!"

Up next to the sign was a big dead tree, with dog collars and chains coming down like hangman's nooses. Along with that, there were the skulls of what appeared to be dogs lying at the base of the tree. The servants screamed, and I'd be lying if I said it didn't send chills up my spine.

Zuli: "What kind of place is this?"

Ciel: "Oh yes, I forgot to mention something... the resort that the queen is planning has yet to be constructed."

Bard, Finni & Mey-Rin: "Yes, master..."

They were very disappointed.

Tanaka: "Ho. Ho."

On the side of the road, was an old woman with a baby carriage. She appeared to be stuck.

Finni: "Look! Somebody actually lives here. Tanaka, stop!"

I turned around as both carts stopped and Finni jumped out.

Finni: "Here, let me help you, granny."

Mey-Rin: "No, you shouldn't do that, Finni! If you aren't careful, you might hurt the baby!"

He lifted the carriage above his head and turned around.

Finni: "What did you say?"

Zuli: "Finni dear, put the carriage down gently."

Finni: "Yes, miss!"

Not knowing his own strength, he did not put it down gently.

Finni: "Ah! I'm so sorry!"

Mey-Rin: "This is awful! Is the baby okay?"

They got a fright when they looked in to see it was not a baby at all, but a swaddled up dog skeleton.