Chapter 7 - Jack the Reaper

Ciel: "Zuli, get out here. You've been in there all day."

Zuli: "Go away!"

Ciel: "It's time to stop sulking over what happened and keep figuring this case out."

I sat with my back against the door with my face buried in my arms, still mad.

Ciel: "*sigh* Can you at least come out? I don't want to talk to a door."

Zuli: "No."

Ciel: "...... Did you tell me the truth?"

Zuli: "About what?"

Ciel: "You said Lord Druitt didn't do anything to you... Don't lie to me, Zuli-"

Zuli: "No, I didn't! Ciel... I promise you, he didn't touch me like that."

Ciel: "And yet you're clearly more worked up than the rest of us. Why?"

Zuli: "I just... I just got a little scared for a minute... And then we learn... it was just a wild goose chase... *sigh* I still can't believe we got the wrong guy."

Ciel: "Well, he still got put away for human trafficking."

Zuli: "That's not good enough."

My voice cracked and I started to cry.

Ciel: "Are you crying?"

Zuli: "*sniff* N- no..."

Ciel: "You stutter when you lie."

Zuli: "No I d-don't...!"

Ciel: "...... I should have gone instead."

Zuli: "No, Ciel... You don't understand... I spend most of my days feeling as though I'm of no use to you anymore. I wanted to help you... I always... want to help you."

Ciel: "I see... that's the other reason you're upset, is it?"

Zuli: "Mhm..."

Ciel: "Please come out..."

I hesitated before standing up and opening the door. He took out his handkerchief and wiped my cheeks.

Ciel: "There's no need to cry anymore. We'll simply just try again."

Zuli: "You're right... I'm sorry..."

Ciel: "Don't apologise. I understand. And... I suppose I should... thank you... for doing that for me last night."

My eyes widened before I smiled a little and hugged him.

Ciel: "Does this mean you're feeling better?"

Zuli: "A bit..."

I let him go and he gave me a little smile.

Sebastian: "Pardon me, my lady."

Zuli: "Yes?"

Sebastian: "Madam Red would like to see you downstairs. And I can make you some saffron tea to help you feel better."

He said that with such a gentle smile.

Zuli: "I'd appreciate that, Sebastian."

Jesse Waldock: "Hey! Welcome back to Fun Facts with Jesse where I share information that I had to look up, so you don't have to! Saffron tea supposedly releases serotonin, making you feel happier. I don't know, Google said so. I'm not a tea expert. That's all for now!"