Chapter 18 - Those Who Are Unclean

Jesse Waldock: "Before we begin this chapter. I'd like to take a moment to say rest in peace to Black Butler on Funimation, and a big screw you to whoever took it off! Oh and Queen Liz. She died in between the writing of these chapters. Rest in peace, majesty. Okay, please enjoy."

Sebastian: "This morning you'll have a dance lesson with Mrs Bright. This afternoon, an appointment with Lord Winsler, an import exporter. Are you listening to me, my lord and lady?"

Zuli: "Hm? Oh, yes. Dancing and a meeting with Lord Wednesday."

Sebastian: "Winsler, miss..."

Ciel: "I told you, I'm sick of dancing lessons. It's not for me."

Sebastian: "You are too modest. Your dancing sooths the heart of everyone who sees it in action."

I stifled a giggle.

Ciel: "By making them laugh? Is that what you mean? It is, isn't it..."

Zuli: "Nooo, baby brother, you dance beautiful."

Ciel: "Very funny."

Speak of the devil, we heard laughing coming from the drawing room as we walked past it. We open the door to see Ashe, the queen's butler, drinking tea with Tanaka.

Ashe: "Look, Tanaka. Three upright tea stalks. I think it promised to be an excellent day."

Tanaka: "Ho ho ho."

Ciel: "Wait, I know you!"

Zuli: "Aren't you the queen's butler?"

Ashe: "Greetings, young Phantomhives. I do apologise for this embarrassing display."

Ciel: "Why is the queen's butler here sipping tea at our estate?"

Sebastian: "So sorry, I thought you were aware of his role, young master."

Zuli: "Role in...?"

Sebastian: "This entire time, Ashe has been her personal messenger. His job is to deliver the orders her majesty sends out for you, my lord and lady."

Zuli & Ciel: "That's not a job for a butler."

Ashe: "Forgive me, but I beg to differ. If I couldn't consult the doomsday book for those requesting an audience with her majesty, and travel here to deliver a simple message and stop for an elegant tea break, what kind of butler would I be?!"

He sipped his tea.

Zuli: "He's got spirit, I'll give him that..."

Ciel: "Yes, well... having a tea break is hardly a duty for a butler."

Tanaka: "Ho ho ho."

Sebastian: "Well, if I may. To what do we owe the pleasure?"

Ashe: "Oh, indeed. Outside of Preston, there is a Catholic Abbey. It was burned down during the reformation and is no longer in use. A cult practicing the Easnow Religion has been gathering there."

My eye twitched and my fist clenched.

Zuli: "What did you just say?"

Ashe: "There's a cult, Lady Zuli... Is something wrong?"

Ciel glanced up at me, knowing what was going through my head.

Zuli: "...... No... apologies, please continue."