Chapter 16 - A Little Kindness

Sebastian: "Young master... he has made his move."

We look to the window to see Sebastian upside down.

Ciel: "Good. Let's follow him."

Soma: "Take me with you!"

We turned to see Soma standing at the door, clearly serious.

Zuli: "Hm? Why?"

Soma: "I know that Agni's been sneaking out after I fall asleep. I want to know what he's been up to. That is my right."

Ciel complied and we all headed out. We followed Agni from a distance until we saw him being let into a large manor.

Soma: "A nice place. Who lives here?"

Ciel: "This estate belongs to Harold West Jeb. He imports a wide range of goods from India... He also owns various stores, coffee houses, and the like."

Zuli: "We met him once. He's disgustingly obsessed with his social status. What would your butler have to do with a man like that?"

Soma: "I... I don't know..."

Sebastian: "People at one of his businesses have been found trussed up and hung upside down. Mr West happened to be away at the time however, so fortunately for him, he managed to escape unharmed."

Lau: "My, isn't he lucky."

Ciel: "Shall we have a look?"

Zuli: "Yes, let's."

Sebastian: "Indeed."

Sebastian helped us all over the fence and inside. We crept through the halls until we found them in the drawing room. We opened the door a crack and peaked in.

West: "Why not relax with a nice scotch? An excellent one from Justerini and Brooks They hold the Royal Warrant, you know."

He offered Agni a glass, but he continued to sit still, looking straight ahead.

West: "Our plan has been perfect so far. You've done well for me, Agni. I think we've done all we need to... Stringing up anyone else won't be necessary."

He threw a newspaper on the sofa and grabbed Agni's wrapped right hand.

West: "With this blessed hand of yours, the Royal Warrant may as well already be in my pocket."

I could see fear in Agni's eyes.

Ciel: "A Royal Warrant...? That's what this is?"

Zuli: "That snake..."

Agni: "If I carry out the plan as promised... Then Mina..."

I turned to Soma only to see shock and desperation in his eyes at the mention of Mina's name.

Zuli: "Don't you dare."

He didn't listen to me and burst through the door. I tried to reach for his arm, but it was too late.

Soma: "Where is Mina?!"

West: "What the-?"

Agni stood.

Agni: "My prince!"

Ciel and I were about to go in too, but hands covered our mouths and pulled us back.

Sebastian: "West is almost certain to recognise us... Patience, my lord and lady, we must stay back."

Soma rushed in and grabbed the front of Agni's clothes.