Chapter 24

You went back home for the weekend after filming and you were extremely excited to spend time with Toji again, the video calls were good but you wanted to just spend some time on the couch watching a stupid movie barely paying attention as you'll spoke about completely random things.

You decided to buy some snacks before you went to see Toji because who watches a movie without it? You got to the chips isle seeing the packet you want on an extremely high shelf, the brand was a little unpopular so the store thought it would be smarter to keep the faster selling ones at the bottom so reaching up you decided to sneakily climb the first two shelves reaching to get the bag before a hand grabbed it for you.

"Hate to see such a pretty little thing have to climb up the shelf for a bag of these."

"Sure." You said awkwardly at the random guy openly flirting with you. 

"Aww shy little thing huh?"

"I- No...? Look you seem very...uh out there and all, but I really wanted to get the bag of chips then leave." You said as politely as you could motioning for the bag as he quickly pulled it away.

"Nuh uh... not so fast how about a date in return for getting the bag for you?"

"Look I didn't really ask you to do that you did it on your own, as a good deed too, it kind of defeats the purpose to ask for something in return." You said earning a chuckle as he smiled.

"Yeah but one date wouldn't hurt. And besides rejecting me isn't nice."

"Not taking no for an answer isn't nice either." You said as his smile dropped when he met blazing green eyes glaring at him before he nervously smiled  handing you the chips and walking away. 

"Yep sorry Mam." He said changing his demeanor as he scurried away. 

"Damn right!" You shouted scoffing. "Guys my age are so dumb..." You muttered.

"Do you prefer them a little older perhaps?" A voice said snapping you out of your irritation as you immediately got embarrassed gasping in shock.

"I was supposed to surprise you Mister." You said turning and pointing at him with fake anger but your flustered expression gave your act away. 

"Aww I was just shopping for Megumi, he has been neglecting his groceries since college got busy."

"That's actually adorable."

"So you're calling me, a 39 year old man...adorable?"

"I said it was adorable, but you can be adorable sometimes."

"Like when?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Toji I can't remember when but when I do I will point it out." You said making him give you a sassy look.

"Like now." You said making him laugh as you grabbed his arm pulling him along.

"What were you doing here anyway?" He asked confused as to why you were shopping on a weekday when you usually shop on weekends.

"I wanted to buy some snacks for us and spend the night watching movies and catching up. It's really shitty that the one time we have more time together I have to stay further away." You said pouting as he laughed.

"Are you kidding me? You have a job and you love it, that makes you happy and inevitably makes me happy... besides you know how many people I've been bragging too about you. Some guy in the store was making out with his girlfriend in the middle of the soup section so I told him to stop making everyone uncomfortable and move out of the way, so he proceeded to ask me if I was jealous because he had a girlfriend and I don't."

"Toji...What did you say?"

"Yeah what did you say?" An old lady said nudging Toji as you held back a laugh.

"Dude we don't have all day fam. Spill it." A college student who happened to be eavesdropping said. 

"I told him, 'My girlfriend can pole and lap dance better the a fucking stripper and you think I'm jealous of the fact that the only action you get is in the public to prove you'll an item?' "

"Wooooh damn!" The old lady cheered as she lifted her walking stick in the air celebrating, making you hold onto her to make sure she didn't loose balance. 

"Damn homie that's some dope lines you got there brutha!" The college student said writing it down before giving Toji a pat on the back.

You didn't know what was more funny the reactions or what Toji said. 

"This is exactly why you gotta break up with Haru babe he's just like that guy." A girl in front of you said to her bestfriend as she motioned you'll. "He's only good for showing you off and making out in public you gotta get a man who doesn't act like that only when others are looking." 

"Yeah I'm gonna do that right now." Her bestfriend said pulling out her phone. 

"Better yet ghost him and give no explanation." Toji said as the college student agreed. 

"Yeah mama show em' what he could of had." 

"Yeah see they all agree with me." 

"I have a boyfriend who literally doesn't even text me, like he's busy all the time. What the fuck even is that?" A girl behind Toji and you said. 

"If you aren't his top priority don't  even wait your time." Toji said shaking his head in disbelief. 

"Omg! You're right! I am so gonna talk to him and if he can't change it's over."

"Dude you're like hella dope! Are you like a relationship guru man?" The college student butt in again. 

"No I-" Toji started as he casually leaned on the magazine rack covering his face on the cover. "I work in media but I say my qualifications show when I see my girlfriends smile every time we are together." Toji said cupping your face as you gave an overly sweet smile that said 'What the fuck are you doing? I'm so killing you when we get home!' 

"Man that shits deep fam, you must really love her homie."

" *sniff* *sniff* I just can't even deal, this is so sweet!" The girl behind started bawling her eyes out. 

"See babe Haru could never! This is exactly why you deserve better." 

"I think you just got another fanbase Toji." 

That had to be one of the most eventful outings you've had in a long time...