five

The first thing Aurora did when she arrived back home was open the old box she found. It took a simple unlocking charm to open it, so she figured whoever locked it in the first place was not hiding anything dangerous.

When she opened the box, she found a series of letters that were unopened. She flipped through them.

Remus, Althena, Lily, James, Harry, Peter, Pandora, Aurora, Lavinia, Sirius, and one that was addressed to everyone.

She noticed that the letter addressed to Sirius had already been opened, but no letter inside. So was the one that was addressed to everyone, but the letter was still inside the envelope. She took it out and read it.

October 20th, 1981

To everyone I love,

If you're reading this, I am no longer living. I wrote a series of letters to you all, some things in there are things I wish I was able to say to your faces. Don't linger on my absence, please, life moves on and so should you all. However or whenever you find these letters, I pray that you are in a good place. If you are not, maybe these letters will be a small flicker of light within the darkness. I wish Marlene and Dorcas were still around so I could have written to them as well, but I will be able to be laughing with them and watching over you all as you read these letters.

I love you all,
Diana

She picked up her letter, but hesitated on opening it. She quickly put all of the letters in the box, putting it away to wait for Harry to arrive.

In the next passing days, the Order made plans to transport Harry to the Burrow safely. They were all gathered at the Burrow, piled in the living room as they spoke amongst themselves.

"So, we've got Harry, Hermione, Ron, Zoya, Luca, Remus, Aurora, Kingsley, Maxwell, Hagrid, Tonks, Estella, Alastor, Althena, Bill, Fleur, Iniya, Mundungus, Fred, George and... me." Arthur said, reading from a list of names.

"I still don't think it's wise for Zoya to go." Nhan Kien spoke up.

"Dad... we've talked about this." Zoya groaned, "These are my friends, and besides, I'm of age."

"I agree with your dad, Zoya." Fred said.

She glared at him, "Really?!"

"Zoya–"

She cut Fred off, "No. I'm going with you all. End of story."

Nhan and Fred didn't argue with her further, knowing better than anyone that she wouldn't listen. After, Arthur, Remus, Maxwell, Althena, and Mad-Eye began to pair everyone up.

"Let's see here..." Arthur said as he looked amongst the group, "Harry and Hagrid will be going on Sirius' old motorbike, that's definitely settled." He trailed off as he spoke lowly with Mad-Eye,

"Two Thestrals. I say... Hermione is paired with Kingsley on one while Bill and Fleur are on the other?" Althena said, earning a nod in agreement from the group.

"I'll go with Z-"

"No." Althena said before Fred could finish his sentence, "We don't need you or any other love birds here worrying over one another and not staying at the task at hand."

"I think that's gonna happen regardless." Fred quietly said, "And besides, Bill and Fleur get to fly together!"

"Have your wedding be in a few weeks and then you can talk." Bill said.

"Zoya, I want you with Maxwell." Mad-Eye said, "Aurora will be going with Althena, Ron with Tonks, Luca with Estella, Remus with George, Fred with Arthur, Mundungus and I will go together and that leaves Iniya..."

"We're uneven." Althena said with a sigh, "We can't have someone fly alone."

"Maybe Iniya just... doesn't go? We've got quite a lot of people." Estella said.

"Trying to get rid of me, love?" Iniya playfully asked.

She shook her head, "No, in fact, I'm trying to do the exact opposite."

Everyone began to argue on who to recruit or ask. Romare and Margot offered themselves up, but were quickly shot down when their newborn child was brought into the conversation.

Aurora stayed quiet for a few moments until a lightbulb went off in her head, "I might have someone that could help us."

Everyone went silent and turned to her, "Who?" Remus questioned.

"He dated Augustus for quite sometime. He came to me a while back, letting me know that should I need him or us, he would be there. His name is Darren Solaris."

Remus nodded, "Ah, Mister Solaris."

"You know him?"

"'Course I do."

"Keep forgetting you were a bloody professor. Bloody Merlin, that's so weird. We're old enough for that shit." Althena muttered as she sighed.

"Darren, along with his sister, were excellent students. I think Aurora might be onto something here." Remus said.

"I don't like the idea." Ron chimed in, "What if he betrays us? After all, he's a–"

"Slytherin? Like me? Like Iniya? Like Romare? Like Augustus?" Aurora said, staring at him with a look that could kill.

"Augustus got sorted into Gryffindor, Aurora. He doesn't count." Ron said.

"And before that he was a Slytherin, Ron. You need to get the idea that all Slytherins are horrible people out of your head."

"Now isn't the time to be arguing over who's house is better." Maxwell said quietly and calmly.

"Because we all know Slytherins are the best." Romare said, winking at the group as he raised his glass of mead.

"I'll drink to that." Iniya said, picking up her own glass and clinking it against Romare's.

Ron rolled his eyes as Zoya spoke up, "You know, his sister is in our year. Gwenna, she was apart of Dumbledore's Army. Might be a good idea to also get her involved."

"Darren won't have it." Aurora said, "Best not to ask, I already know what he'll say."

"Alright, well, then that's settled." Mad-Eye said.

Margot turned to Mundungus, "Are you sure using Polyjuice Potion is a wise idea?" She worriedly asked, "This feels... too easy."

"I assure you, this is the safest way to transport him." He said.

"This should be a smooth mission, if all goes well." Maxwell said, "Should we be ambushed, which shouldn't happen considering we are the only ones who know about it, we are all well trained enough to put up a fight."

"Lavinia still wants Aurora dead, if she shows up..." George trailed off.

"She won't know who's who." Althena said, "Aurora will be taking the Polyjuice Potion, not me."

"Something tells me Lavinia doesn't really want me dead." Aurora said.

Romare looked at her quizzically, "Care to elaborate?"

"I don't know, I already spoke to Remus about this... she's had plenty of chances to take me out. At Hogwarts, she killed Flynn when I was right there. When they attacked the Burrow, I watched Lavinia hesitate. It feels like she's battling herself, going back and forth on what she wants."

"I told you not to go easy on her because you think she'll hesitate again." Remus said.

"I agree." Tonks spoke up, "She seems to be quite unpredictable, your safest bet might be not holding back against her."

"I know." Aurora said as George took her hand, giving it a comforting squeeze.