seven

"Mum thinks you should come home, you know."

"Tell mum that I'm 20 years old and a pure blood, I'll be just fine."

"If you say so."

Darren and Gwenna Solaris sat in his own and run down apartment above an old shop in Diagon Alley. He didn't know how he managed to escape his apartment being victim to Death Eaters, especially after Grayson Hemlock tried to recruit him and he refused.

But nonetheless, Darren tended not to linger or question things, often not thinking of the longterm.

Gwenna took a bite of a cookie as a knock on the door pulled the two from their conversation on his couch. He stood up, "Stay here." He said, getting out his wand. He slowly walked to the door as Gwenna slowly stood up. He looked through the peephole, sighing in relief, "It's okay." He said to her.

"Who is it?"

He opened the door and looked at Aurora and George, "Hi..."

"Can we come in?" Aurora asked.

He stepped to the side, allowing them to walk in. He closed the door, "So... you're actually dating George Weasley. Honestly, I thought you were making that up to not sound miserable when we got to talking about Diggory."

She narrowed her eyes, "Why would I do that?"

"Uhh..."

"If it helps, I'm just as surprised as you might be that she likes me." George chimed in.

He leaned up against the back of the couch as he looked at the two, "I mean... definitely didn't see this coming, I mean... not in a million years. Rich Princess Malfoy with a Weasley."

"I'm not a Malfoy."

"Black, Malfoy, whatever. Still rich and respected while the Weasley family is..."

"Don't finish that sentence, Darren." Aurora said.

"Sorry about him, he's a complete dick sometimes." Gwenna said, jabbing his side as she walked passed him into the kitchen.

Darren smiled, "I'm only fucking with you two. I always loved the pranks you and Fred pulled at Hogwarts. Been into your shop a few times, it's pretty wicked."

"Thanks." George said.

"So, might I ask why you've decided to grace us with your presence?" Darren questioned.

Aurora glanced at George before looking back at Darren, "Remember when you said you'd help the Order out if needed?"

"Go on..."

"We need to transfer Harry from his home with his aunt and uncle to the Weasley's home. Our plan is to take Polyjuice Potion and pose as him while we pair up and ride on broomsticks. We're just one person short."

He crossed his arms, "You told me your entire plan, what if I was a Death Eater? I'd know everything now."

"Believe me, I have many ways of making you forget what I just told you." She challenged.

"Hm. Well, what's in it for me?" Darren questioned.

"George's brother, Bill, is getting married soon. You and Gwenna can come to the wedding." Aurora responded, "Frankly, I like to think that you would help us out of the kindness of your heart and not wanting a reward."

"Everything comes with a price, Black."

Aurora sighed as she looked at Darren, her face flat. He stared at her for a few passing moments before he chuckled, "Again, I'm fucking with you. Merlin, you take me way too seriously. Yeah, I'm in."