nine

Luca Mayfield stood in his home with a bag in his hand. He looked at the photographs on the walls as he began to make his way down the hallway, looking at the photographs hung on the walls.

He sat his bag down by the front door and walked to the kitchen, finding his father, Wesley, in the kitchen preparing dinner.

The two conversed and had dinner. Afterwards, Luca helped him clean up the kitchen, "Are you feeling all right, Luca?" Wesley asked, "You seem uneasy."

He took a sip of his water, "I'm fine."

"Luca..."

He turned to him, giving him a hug, "I love you, dad."

"I love you too, son." He said as they pulled apart, "You know you can talk to me if there is something bothering you."

He shook his head, "No, there's nothing. I just want you to know that I love you and... you're the best dad anyone could have asked for."

Wesley smiled, "Your mother would have been very proud of the man you've become. I know I am."

When he turned around to wash a pan, Luca got out his wand and held it up with tears pricking his eyes, "Obliviate."

Luca quietly made his way out of the kitchen, watching himself disappear from the family photos on the wall. He picked up his bag and broom, and walked out of his home as he wiped a tear away.

He began to walk down the road, his mind racing as he traveled away from the safest place he'd ever felt. An owl flew over his head, dropping a note at his feet. He knelt down and picked it up.

4 Privet Drive at nightfall

Later that night, back at the Burrow, everyone apart of the mission to get Harry there were gathered in the living room.

"Now, the chances of an ambush happening are slim, but we cannot fully rule out the possibility. I ask that you not only focus on keeping one another alive, but also look our for yourself. Keep aware of your surroundings at all times." Maxwell softly said.

"Darren, we thank you for agreeing to help us. It means more than you know." Remus spoke up.

He nodded, "I didn't exactly have anything else going on so... it's not a bother. Besides, I'm quite excited that I'm paired with Iniya."

"You know one another?" Estella asked.

Iniya shook her head and shrugged, "I don't remember him."

Romare peered out the window, "The sun is almost set. You all should be on your way."

They all stood up, Margot hugging Maxwell tightly before he walked outside.

Aurora picked up her leather jacket and put it on, while George put his coat on. She looked to him, "You've been wearing a lot of purple recently." She commented.

He paused, "It's your favorite color, yeah?"

"Mm-hmm." She said as she smiled softly, "You look quite handsome in it." She said, smoothing her hands over his vest.

"Save the flirting for later. Let's go." Darren said, casually walking in between them.

The group traveled to Hermione Granger's neighborhood first, picking her up by an old church. She had a gloomy expression, having to make the same difficult decision Luca did.

Zoya and Ron hugged her tightly, "We missed you." Zoya said, "How are you?"

She shrugged, "I'll be okay."

Mad-Eye and Maxwell explained the plan to her before they traveled to 4 Privet Drive. They found Luca walking down the street towards them, Zoya, Hermione, and Ron greeting him.