forty-six

Gwenna and Ginny stepped foot into Hogwarts with their arms linked up.

"I haven't seen Luna or Ben," Gwenna commented.

They found McGonagall speaking with a group of students, looking very uneasy. They made their way to her as the other group walked off.

"Professor, where is Luna Lovegood and Ben Walker?" Gwenna asked.

She shifted on her feet, "I'm afraid I don't know. It seems as if... many students went missing on the train ride here."

"Oh no."

McGonagall nodded sadly, "Go off to your dormitories before you're late."

At the Malfoy Manor, the dungeon Zoya was kept in crept open and two people were shoved inside before it slammed shut again. She was lying down on the hard floor in a corner, mind too boggled from the interrogation that took place an hour prior to register the voices.

"Zoya? Are you there?" Luna softly asked, sitting down next to her.

Ben looked panicked as he stood in the dungeon. He slowly made his way to the two, "What did they do to her?" he questioned worriedly.

Zoya peaked an eye open, looking up at Luna.

Luna brought Zoya up on her lap, looking down at her.

"It hurts," Zoya whispered.

"How long have you been here?" Luna questioned in her usual soft tone.

A tear slipped from Zoya's eye, the first one to fall since she was captured. She looked up at Luna through heavy eyes, "I'm tired," she whispered.

"That's okay, you can sleep," Luna said.

Some weeks later, more people joined the three in the dungeon. Garrick Ollivander and Griphook.

But Zoya couldn't bring herself to care, let alone register who they were.

And the weeks passed on by. Zoya said nothing, nor did she move unless it meant to look at her compass that wasn't taken from her. Her weight dropped and she stopped eating the meals given to her. Those weeks turned into months, and before they all knew it, it was April.

The door swung open and they all heard footsteps and quiet chatter from two people. Luna stood up and left Zoya's side, peaking over a wall.

"Ron? Harry?"

"Luna?"

"Zoya is here," she said.

The two scrambled in Luna's direction, walking to the very back of the dungeon where she was laying down. The two knelt beside her, ignoring Ben.

"She hasn't said much, I don't think she can."

Harry looked up at Luna, "What have they done to her?"

"Interrogation, she hasn't said a word. I think they've been using Crucio, along with other methods..."

Harry sighed as he looked back down at her, "Zoya, I'm so sorry. Th-This wasn't supposed to happen."

They heard screams echoing from above, those screams being Hermione's.

"We have to do something!" Ron said.

"No, there's no way out of here," Ollivander said, "We've tried everything! It's enchanted."

Harry lifted up his pant-leg, taking out a broken mirror.

"You're bleeding, Harry. That's a curious thing to keep in your sock," Luna commented.

He stood up and looked into the mirror and Ron took away the light with his deluminator when Lavinia walked down the stairs and unlocked the gate. Ron walked to it, "Let her go," he gritted.