twenty-two

ST. CLAIRE MANOR

It was nearly 3 in the morning when everyone gathered at the St. Claire Manor. 

When everyone tried to go home, a few were captured. Those being Iniya, Estella, and Maxwell.

All were tortured for information, but they all said nothing. They were eventually released, and headed straight for the St. Claires. 

"It's not wise for you two to go home, not tonight." Romare said to Aurora and George. 

"We figured." George said. 

Althena walked into the room, "Iniya and Estella are staying with me. Nobody will suspect that I'm staying at my cottage considering I abandoned it years ago. And if they do, I've got multiple charms on the house."

"Gwenna, Darren, I'm afraid it will not be wise to go back to your family." Arthur apologetically said.

"They can stay with us." Margot kindly spoke up, "Gwenna, are you going back to school when term starts?"

"Yes. My parents think I'll be safer there."

"Snape took over. How could you possibly be safer there?" Fred spoke up, eyes slightly red and tired. 

"I'm a pure-blood."

"They'll see you as a blood-traitor." Iniya said.

Gwenna shrugged, "I don't really know what to say. All I know is that I'm going back and it's final."

Arthur walked into the room, "I sent a message to them, hopefully it will find them wherever they are."

"Didn't tell Zoya about her dad, did you?" Fred questioned. 

He shook his head, "Took your advice."

"Good. For the best that she doesn't know while having to deal with everything else." Fred sadly said, leaning back in the couch. 

Later that night, George was clinging to Aurora as they lied together in bed at the Manor. Even in his sleep she could feel how on edge he was. 

The notebook that Dumbledore lingered in her mind, and she wanted to find out what was inside. She slowly slipped out of bed, grabbing her wand and apparating to her home.

She carefully walked around her home, making sure she was alone. There were no signs of intrusion, to her relief. 

She turned on two lamps and got the book from the couch where she shoved it in between the cushions. Aurora sat down and looked at the book, tracing her finger over the large circle.

But something caught her eye this time around. She traced her finger over it again, feeling the lightest carvings on the gold. 

She felt it carefully before looking at it closer. She could see something faintly glowing. That's when she turned off the lamps and held it up. 

The carvings were of a clock. 

The glow was as gold and twinkling lightly, it was beautiful. Something clicked in Aurora's head, and she turned on the two lamps before going to the cupboard and opening a hidden compartment where she put the pocket watch she found in Regulus' room weeks ago.