eleven

ST. CLAIRE MANOR

Althena sat in the living room with her head in her hands, listening to Darren's screams at the other end of the house.

"You did the right thing." Romare said to her as he walked in.

"No, I didn't." She said, "I just ruined his life, Romare."

He sat down across from her, "He wanted it."

"He'll regret it later. Who's with him right now?"

"Nobody. He doesn't want anyone to see him." He replied with a sigh, "But Estella and Iniya are outside of the room."

"He'll be fine in the morning, but keep Remus far away from him, freshly bitten Vampires know who's a lycanthrope and turn violent even when it's not a full Moon." Althena explained.

"Noted."

Back at the Burrow, Aurora was freshly showered and she was knelt on the ground beside George, who was fast asleep with his head bandaged. She told him she'd go home and sleep like he asked, but she couldn't bring herself to leave him.

George didn't sleep in his room, staying on the couch so Molly could check on him periodically in case something went wrong.

She held his hand, looking at him, afraid that he'd be gone if she looked away. He stirred lightly, his eyes peeling open.

"Aurora." He mumbled, "Said to–"

"I'm not leaving your side." She firmly said.

He sighed and shifted on the couch, tugging her hand lightly. She crawled onto the couch, basically lying on top of him. He sighed contently, wrapping his arms around her as she laid her head on his chest.

"Am I still handsome?" He whispered.

She kissed his cheek, "Of course you are."

Things went quiet again. She thought he fell asleep until he spoke up, "I know seeing me tonight was hard on you, Aurora. But I'm okay."

"It's not about me."

"'Course it is. I know you're scared, and you have every right to be."

She sighed and traced figures chest, "I don't know what I'd do with myself if you died, George. I don't think I could handle it."

"Glad to know you care about me." He teased quietly.

"I mean it, George. You fucking scared me. When I saw you lying there, I swear my heart stopped beating."

"That's payback for all the times you've scared me." He replied.

She rolled her eyes, "Are we really going to start this now?"

He hummed lightly, slowly falling asleep. She peered up at him, kissing his cheek before closing her eyes.

From the other side of the house, Zoya tossed and turned from her makeshift bed on Ginny's floor. Usually she could fall asleep, but tonight she was restless. Ginny and Hermione were fast asleep, she envied them.

After a few more minutes, she pushed her blankets away and stood up, tip-toeing out of the bedroom. She made her way upstairs, careful not to disturb Aurora and George on the couch.

She stopped in front of Fred and George's bedroom, opening the door. She quietly crept in, failing to notice that Fred was also awake.

"Why, hello there, love." He said, making her jump lightly as she shut his door.

"I thought you were asleep." She said, looking at him from his spot at an old run down desk.

"I thought you went home."