twenty-three

George,

I didn't want it to be like this, to leave without saying anything to you or everyone else, but know that I have a reason for doing so. There is something I must take care of, and I cannot tell you where I'm going or what I'm doing. I don't know how long I'll be before I'm back, but I will be back. I promise you that.

I love you,
Aurora

George slammed the note down on the bedside table and got up, storming out of his room. He found Margot and Romare downstairs feeding Circe, "Good morning, George. Feeling all right?" Romare asked.

"Aurora's gone."

A meeting was immediately called after that. Remus and Althena looked to be on the verge of tears and Molly was completely distressed, "Whatever it is, there has to be a reason why she didn't tell at least one of us." Maxwell said, "Dumbledore left something to her, I imagine whatever it was, sent her away."

"She could be bloody killed! I don't give a damn if it's Dumbledore, or bloody Merlin himself, I don't want Aurora being out on her own in times like this, especially going on a mission." Althena said with her voice shaken up.

"Seems strange that she would just leave without saying a word. A little... reckless." Estella said.

"Trust me, that's Aurora for you." George said with a groan, "Bloody hell, I'm gonna have a heart attack by the time I'm 25 if she keeps scaring me like this."

"Good to know, George. I'll start planning your funeral." Fred said from beside him, patting his shoulder.

"Sod off."

"It's not surprising Aurora went off like this, really, we should have seen it coming." Remus said, "Whatever Dumbledore left for her, as Maxwell said, must've been the reason she left."

"Should we go looking for her?" Margot asked.

Althena and Remus looked at one another, "No. No, we... we need to trust her." Remus said.

At 12 Grimmauld Place, Zoya and Harry woke up around the same time. The four decided to use it as a hide out to figure out exactly how they were going to Horcruxes. The four slept in the same room on the upper floor of the home

"Does this place feel different to you? Different from the last time we were here." Zoya quietly asked him as they approached Sirius's bedroom.

"Yeah." Harry responded, "Like it's haunted."

The two walked into his bedroom, finding that it was wrecked. Zoya looked at the skeleton birds hanging from a thread on the ceiling, "I can't imagine why Sirius hated this place..." Zoya sarcastically said.

"Harry? Zoya?" Ron said from the distance, "Hermione, where are you? I think I've found something."

The three followed Ron's voice to Regulus's room. Ron pointed to the name on the door, "Regulus Arcturus Black." Hermione spoke out.

"R.A.B." Zoya said.

A creak in the floor snapped everyone out of thought. They all raised their wands, and crept downstairs.

They slowly made their way down the hallway of the first floor, and a blast hit Ron in the chest, knocking him out.

Everyone took cover in a living room, "Who is that?" Hermione whisper-yelled.

"I don't bloody know!" Zoya replied.

"They knocked Ronald out!" Hermione worriedly said, peaking over the door at his unconscious form.

"Be grateful he's not dead." Zoya said back.

Harry ran across the hall into the kitchen, narrowly missing a hex. Zoya walked out of the room, and was quickly hit with a silent stupefy, her body being knocked up against a wall, causing a picture frame to fall down.