fourteen

The next morning after breakfast, Fred and George's friends went home and everyone else went back to the Burrow.

Zoya was now sitting outside on the porch next to Ginny, "I can't believe you shagged my brother. That's honestly disgusting."

She smiled, nudging her lightly, "Thanks for covering for me, though."

"Yeah yeah."

"I'm sorry if I ever hurt you with Harry. I didn't realize how much you liked him an–"

Ginny cut her off, "It's not your fault. If I didn't have it out for Harry so much, I'd be chasing you as well."

The two laughed quietly, "So, no hard feelings, then?"

"There never were. And besides, I think Harry and I might have something special. Finally."

Hermione stomped out of the house and plopped down on the other side of Zoya with a huff, "He's impossible."

"Godric, don't make me listen to how in love you are with Ron again." Ginny groaned, "Spare me. Please."

Hermione crossed her arms, "Fine then."

The three sat in complete silence for a few minutes. Hermione was bouncing her legs anxiously, desperately wanting to go on about how clueless Ron was to her feelings for him. Aurora walked out and sat with them next to Ginny, "I'm sensing tension."

"Hermione is desperately in love with Ron and he won't take a hint." Ginny explained. 

"Ah."

Hermione sighed, "Aurora, what should I do?"

She chuckled nervously, "Oh, don't ask me that. I really don't have that much experience in the relationship arena."

"Well, how did you and George get together?"

"Well, I'm sure you remember some of what George said last night. But we started off as friends, just hanging out together."

"Well, Ronald and I do that."

She nodded, "And George kept inviting me to his flat. He would cook for me, still does, actually."

"Godric, you guys act like a married couple yet you've been together for less than a year." Zoya said, lying down on the porch.

Hermione huffed, "Ugh, I don't know what to do!"

"Maybe... say something? Sorry, I might be going out on a limb here..." Aurora sarcastically said.

"Godric, no!" Hermione gasped. 

Later that day, Althena, Darren, and Gwenna visited the Burrow. 

Darren was in a conversation with Aurora, Gwenna with Ron and Harry, while Althena was reading a book in the living room. 

Hermione slowly walked into the living room, fiddling with the hem of her shirt. Althena didn't look at her, "Can I help you, Granger?"

"Well..."

Althena glanced at Hermione over her book, "Well?"

Hermione sat down in the chair next to her, "I need some advice."

"I don't think it's wise to ask me, Hermione."

"You might be able to help..."

Althena sighed and put her book down, "Go on. I'm listening."

"Well, it's just that... I really like this boy and–"

"Ron?"

She cut off her words, eyes wide, "You know?" Hermione lowly asked. 

"You're not exactly subtle with it."

"Okay, well, I really like Ronald. But he can't seem to take a hint! I'm starting to wonder if he just doesn't like me back and I really just don't know what to do." 

Althena tapped her book lightly, "Hermione, I mean well, but I am the absolute worst person you could ask for relationship advice from. Maybe go to Margot, or Remus for that matter."

"You've never been in love?"

She sighed, "I have. A long time ago. But the circumstances of it were no less than... immoral. I wasn't involved in an affair or anything it's just... it was twisted."

"How so?"

"He was in love with someone very close to me. The moment they split for a short amount of time, he came running to me and I didn't question his affection, I just accepted it blindly. That is something you should never ever do, Hermione. No matter who it is. Because I promise you, you'll never be able to get your old self back. A lot of how I am today is because of him, sometimes I wish I could find my old self and be her for just a day."

"For someone who says they shouldn't be asked for advice, that was a pretty good piece of it." Hermione quietly said. 

She hummed lightly, "Well, if I were you, I'd tell Ron. He's a good man, just a little oblivious."

Hermione chuckled lightly, "Yeah, you could say that."

Althena found Aurora outside shortly after helping Molly in the garden. She was thankful it was a cloudy day and the sun wasn't blaring, "Have you read your letter?" Althena asked as Aurora planted a few seeds.

"No." She replied, "I will soon. Have you?"

Althena nodded, "I have."

She stood up and dusted the dirt off of her hands, "She wrote the letters just days before she was killed. Knowing that makes the thought of reading the letter all more scary."

"You should read it, Aurora."

"I know."