1: Before the storm

3rd POV.

Borelli Industries was one of the biggest technological companies in the world. They had held their place in the evergrowing industry for decades, continuously growing and developing the world around them. They were a true pioneer of coding and computer services, reaching their influence over the continents with every right decision they made.

Eduardo Borrelli, the founder of Borrelli Industries, was a brilliant man. He was a cold, calculating, genius, who started his business at the young age of seventeen. He rose through the social ranks from a poor immigrant to one of the well known faces in his field in just a few years. He was soon known as a scary businessman, who woulnd't even flinch while firing his best friends. 

At twenty years old, Eduardo married Bianca, a beautyful nurse, who melted his heart. Two years later their son Alessandro was born. After their first child, they had five more, Lorenzo, Matteo, Antonio, Gabriele, and Serena. 

Soon after the birth of their sixth child, the relationship between Eduardo and Bianca started to get colder. Bianca was caught having an affair, which enraged Eduardo, but he was still willing to stay together for their children and the public appearance their family had. Eduardo really did care about his children, sadly he wasn't good at communicating that to them.

Serena was loved by all her brothers and was on her way to becoming their little princess. Alessandro was ten when his little sister was born, and immediately, he became an overprotective older brother. Even Gabriele, who was just two, loved to play with his sister and even slept next to her most nights.

That blissful happiness only lasted for a few months, before Bianca disappeared with her youngest child in hand. She left with money, the light of her family's life, and the man she was sleeping with and disappeared without a trace.

With no other option, Bianca and Serena were pronounced dead seven years after their disappearance, closing the investigation once and for all. Eduardo still kept on searching through private investigators and connections he had around the world, but found nothing. It was like they had disappeared into thin air.

Eight years after the disappearance of his only daughter, Eduardo Borrelli died in a shooting, leaving his oldest son, Alessandro, as the head of the company. The brothers were devastated but over time learned to move on. Their father was never the openly loving kind, and after their mother left, Alessandro and Lorenzo were left to care for their brothers.

It was almost two in the morning but Alessandro was still working in his huge office. The walls were littered with books, paintings, and the ocational liquor cabinets skillfully hidden in the walls. One of the paintings was of his father, staring down at him with his judging eyes, almost as if he was still telling him how he was doing things wrong. Especially on that day, Alessandro wanted nothing more, than to rip the painting from its place and throw it out of the window. 

Alessandro was woken from his thought to the distant sound of his phone ringing in that perfectly annoying pitch. That night, everything annoyed him to the point where he was ready to explode in the face of the next person he spoke to. Lucky for him, that person would be his best friend and the COO of Borelli industried.

"What do you want?" Alessandro huffed in a voice that would have frozen a volcano.

"Just wondering, if you wanted to grab a drink?" Dimitri asked so innocently, Alossandro could feel the steam rising from his ears.

"You dipshit really called me at two in the morning to come to a bar with you?" Alessandro said in a bored tone somehow too tired to stay angry at the man, he had known for years.