39: Therapy

Eli POV.

It was Sunday, a week after the concert. Me and my brothers were sitting around in the living room just waiting. None of us said anything as we just stayed still. It was noon, so usually, I'd be making lunch with Matteo, but not that day. On that day, my brothers were way too excited, and they brought me along with them.

"They came!" Gabriele screamed from behind his laptop.

All my brothers gathered around him and soon they started celebrating.

"What? What is it? Did I get nominated?" I asked trying to get someone to explain to me.

"You, my dear Eli, have been nominated for seven Grammys," Antonio said as he came over and squeezed my shoulders.

"Holy Shit!" I yelled getting up and snatching the laptop from Gabriele.

I was nominated for album of the year, song of the year, best new artist, best alternative music album, best rock song, best rock album, and best rock performance.

"What the fuck?!" I screamed as I started jumping around.

I blew up so quickly over the past year, that I never got to really experience it. I didn't do shows, since I was in Finland hiding, so that was truly the first time it hit me, how many people liked my music.

"How the fuck did this happen?!" I screamed not even trying to fight the enormous smile creeping up on my lips.

"Well you're amazing, so I guess that has something to do with it," Matteo said rolling his eyes.

Before I had the chance to snap back at him, my phone buzzed. 

I dug it out of my phone and saw the screen lit up with the picture of Jess I took in the botanical gardens.

"I'm so proud of you!" they screamed the second I pressed the green button.

"Thanks," I said running my hand through my hair.

"I mean seriously, seven fucking Grammys! We're celebrating," Jess continued.

"Sure! I think my brothers wanna do something as well, since, they're already whispering about taking me out as a surprise," I said giving my brothers a pointed look.

They were huddled up whispering with grins on their faces. Lucky for me, I was pretty fucking good at recognizing voices and tones.

The second we hung up with Jess, I got another call, from Diego.

"Bitch, how long does it take for you to pick up?!" he yelled to which I just rolled my eyes.

"I was on the phone you little bitch," I said with a grin.

"Seriously congratulations, even tho I almost forgot why I was calling, since you took so long to answer," Diego whined.

"It that Diego?" Gabriele asked, jumping onto the couch next to me. I guess they were done with their planning.

"Gabriele says hi."

"Hi, Gabriele!" Diego called breaking my eardrums.

"You know, the reason people listen to your music is because of my covers," Diego teased, his smile evident from his voice.

"Might be, but I'm the one nominated so fuck you," I bit back.

"Don't let your ego get too inflated, or I'm gonna have to come back there and pop it for you," Diego said making a popping sound.

"So, we got tickets to see Hamilton on Broadway in a couple of hours," Alessandro announced as we ate our takeout.