9: Money

Lorenzo POV.

When I went to check on Eli, they were fast asleep on the little bench at the end of their bed. I just closed the door and let them have a nap for now. We'd talk about everything at lunch.

I walked back downstairs, where my brothers were waiting for me.

"They fell asleep," I said with a shrug.

"They've had a rough couple of days, and they woke up really early today, so let them sleep," Alessandro said before going to his office, probably to call Dimitri.

I was shocked when Eli said, they hadn't been to school. I don't think there's another word to describe it. I thought it was weird, that they hadn't been home for almost two years, but I thought they were at camp so it was normal. But now I don't know what to think. We hadn't even found out what kinda camp it was, but I guess they didn't go to school there. 

Eli POV

As soon as I woke up, I remembered, what had happened. I groaned and fell back down onto the bench. I was doing so well, and now this happened. It had been almost two months since the last time, and I was slowly getting back on the right track, only to have a fucking relapse.

I really felt like doing it again, just because I failed once more but I just took a deep breath and composed myself. I grabbed a cigarette from my bag and lit it up on the balcony. I didn't even realize how much I needed that until the familiar smoke was traveling down into my lungs. I stared at the pills in my hand for a long time, playing with them, twisting them around, but finally decided against it. I still had lunch and dinner with my new brothers to get through. 

"So... what did you mean earlier, when you said you hadn't been to school in five years?" Lorenzo asked me after we all sat down to eat.

"Oh, just that I was homeschooled," I simply answered putting some salad on my plate. I seriously couldn't eat anything else at that time.

My brothers just nodded, but I could tell neither Alessandro nor Matteo completely believed me.

"So you'll be starting school in a week from now. We just have to get everything in order before then," Alessandro explained, to which I responded with a smile.

"I'll take you shopping, to find whatever you need for school," Lorenzo said while stuffing his face with spaghetti.

I frowned a bit. I didn't have any money right now, but I guess I'll figure it out.

"Sure, thanks," I smiled back at Lorenzo.

"By the way, do you guys go to church on Sundays?" I asked the question that had been on my mind the whole day. I thought everyone went to church once a week.

Antonio chuckled a bit like it was funny, to which I just raised my eyebrows.

"Nah, we haven't gone to church since Easter," Gabriele answered with a smirk.

"We could, if you want to," Matteo suggested, to which I just shook my head.

"No, it's fine. I was just wondering. Me and the big guy aren't really on the best terms right now," I said jokingly glaring at the ceiling, earning a couple of chuckles.

"I hear that," Antonio mumbled while inhaling his food. It was actually pretty disgusting.

I mean, the food was good, but the way he ate was like a pig on its birthday.