53: California

Eli POV.

It had finally hit me, that I was going to the Grammies. Sadly, it hit me a bit too late, so I didn't have enough time to do my complete stress breakdown and could only do a light version of that, where I stressed and ran around on the verge of a meltdown for two days, and then I had to actually get something done.

"What the fuck am I going to wear?!" I yelled on the second day of my stressy messy™.

"Chill out, I'm sure there are a lot of designers, that wanna work with you," Gabriele said. 

He was the only one who hadn't completely given up on trying to calm me down. I guess the other ones were trying a new tactic, where they just let me tire myself out. I had walked around the living room for two days, and it was just normal, that they were getting sick of my shit. Still, they stuck around and tried their best, even Antonio.

"Yeah, but I don't want just some designer," I huffed sitting down on the couch next to my brother.

"You too good for that huh?" he tease knowing I hated that.

"Yeah!" I exclaimed.

"Apparently my standards are pretty fucking high since I can't find anyone, who uses eco-friendly materials, pays their workers well, and it's a fucking douche," I complained laying down so, that my head was on Gabriele's shoulder.

"I mean, I don't really know where to look, so that might be a factor," I added making Gabriele roll his eyes and push me off him.

Like I usually did in a crisis, I called my lovely girlfriend. It had become a habit, where anytime either one of us needed help, we just called and then the other one would come over, and we'd sit on a couch or a bed until it was sorted out. 

"Hear me out, would you like to try to... you know... do your thing?" I asked on the phone, not really sure, what to call it.

"You're asking me to draw you an outfit for the Grammies?" Jess tried to make it clear.

"Yeah, pretty much," I said with a breathy laugh.

"Hell yeah!" she called and soon they were sitting on my couch.

"So, what are we thinking? A suit? A dress? something of both?" Jess asked getting into professional mode, which was adorable.

I grinned at that for a while, which earned me a smack to the arm from Jess, who was trying to work.

"Auch, okay! I'm very much not ready to wear a dress yet, which is a pity since they are so much more interesting than fucking suits. Maybe one day I'll be comfortable enough in my femininity to wear one again without hating myself," I rambled.

"I know you will," Jess smiled warmly placing their hand on my knee.

"But a suit can be interesting too, but I'm not letting you to the grammies in a simple black suit like a bitch," she then continued making me chuckle.

We talked for a while about different styles and ideas, and even tho I had no idea what they were, Jess seemed to like them, so I went with it. They were the more fashion sensible out of us two. I mean I didn't care that much about what I wore, since I looked amazing in everything.

After a while, Jess started sketching stuff and started I writing in my notebook. In a few seconds, we were laid out on the couch with Jess' head on my lap and me running my hand through her hair, while humming the melody, I was writing down.