11: First day

Eli POV.

I spent all weekend in the music room playing and writing. I only came out to eat, shower and sleep. Other than that, I was glued to that piano. I wrote somewhere around six songs in those two days, but recording them was postponed to the next week.

Soon enough it was Monday morning, my first day of school.

I woke up at six, which was later than I was used to. I guess the boys were starting to rub off on me. I went out on my run, which the boys now know of, and didn't freak out if I'm not in the house when they woke up. I took a quick shower and made breakfast.

The first ones downstairs were Alessandro and Matteo, who headed to work really early. They both wished me good luck on my first day and said to call them if anything happens.

Soon after they left, The other boys came down for breakfast. 

"So how are you feeling?" Gabriele asked as he sipped his steaming hot coffee.

"I'm a bit nervous but mostly excited to be going back to school," I said with a smile.

The boys frowned a bit. I don't think they got over the whole me not going to school thing yet.

"Also, I'm pretty disappointed, that I have to repeat two grades," I pouted.

"You won't be repeating them. You'll be going with the kids your age since you'd need to catch up a lot if you wanted to go with the grade you were originally in. We talked about this," Lorenzo said trying to comfort me.

It was a huge fucking ego hit for me. I was always ahead of my peers by at least two grades, but now the counselor, who tested me, thinks I wouldn't be able to keep up with the older kids. I mean, I hadn't been to school in five years, so being backed up by two didn't seem so unfair, but still, this is my huge ego we're talking about.

"Gabriele will drive you two to school. I'm going to campus and so is Lorenzo, so we're taking our own cars today," Antonio said still a bit crumpy from having to wake up.

"So you guys just all drive yourselves around even tho you are basically going to the same place?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Have you heard about the climate crisis?" I said in an accusing tone. 

I was just playing with them, but some of their habits, like excessive shopping, were actually really toxic in my opinion.

The boys looked a bit guilty as I just grinned at their faces. I did enjoy making other people uncomfortable and then just watching them react in the situation. It was a bad habit, but I was going sober, I needed some sort of reward for it.

The school was exactly like how you'd imagine it to be. The stereotypical rich family trust fund private school that manufactured entitled brats and dickheads. I didn't belong there, but I guess the second my parents died, I became a rich kid, trust fund, private school bitch myself, so I tried to keep an open mind.

As we pulled up to the castle-like building, I saw some people already looking our way.

"Are you popular?!" I asked Gabriele, who just smirked in response. I didn't like that. I didn't want people to pay attention to me, I never did. Or at least when I wasn't up on stage.

"How?" I asked with a grin, which earned a glare from Gabriele.

I took a deep breath and got out of the car.

Gabriele walked me to the office to get my locker number and timetable. All the way there, Gabriele exchanged words with random people, and kids in the hallways turned to look at us. I just put on my confident face and pretended like I didn't see them. If they were going to stare, I was going to play the part.