43: The Stage loves Me

Diego POV.

I played the whole day with Snuffles. I still couldn't believe, that they got me a fucking dog. when I was a kid, I wanted one so bad, that I made up an imaginary dog for myself. When I grew up, it became more of an inside joke between me and Eli.

Snuffles was exactly, how I always pictured her. A small Samoyed puppy, with black button eyes and way too much energy. She ran around the house searching for someone to give her pets and scratches under her chin.

Eli's brothers also gave me a leash, a collar, and a shit ton of toys, that the two dogs played with. 

Jasper was older, so he immediately took the protective stance and Snuffy followed him around. Luckily they were both just puppies, who loved to play.

The day after my birthday, Eli spent the whole day practicing. They asked me if I wanted to go with them, but they left really fucking early, so no actual human would be able to get up.

I slept in and woke up with sniffles cuddled up next to me. Jasper had evidently gone on a run with Eli and then stayed downstairs, while Snuffles was still asleep.

It was Christmas eve-eve-eve, which meant that the house should have been decorated weeks ago. At least according to me. I was running around with two dogs chasing me putting up lights and decorations. They didn't even have a tree yet, which I found horrible. The boys said, they usually got in the day before Christmas eve, and I knew for a fact, that Eli didn't really care about public holidays.

Ida was helping me or playing with the dogs. She loved giving them treats and I just knew, she'd spoil Snuffy rotten. Gabriele was helping as well, but the olderst three were working, and Antonio was studying, which I found preposterous.

I wanted the house to be feeling as Christmasy as ever before Eli got back since they never got a good Christmas. Their family always spent it together so, they couldn't escape and be with me and Carlos, and after they ran away, they didn't care enough to celebrate. it was like that with basically every holiday, except the ones we made up.

We always watched the Oscars, Emmys, and Grammys together dressed in ridiculous outfits. We also celebrated the most ridiculous days, like Tim Burton's birthday or the national lost sock memorial day, which by the way is May 9th.

That night, we left around five to go eat with Eli before the show. They had spent the entire day with the band and their manager practicing and making sure everything was ready for the night. When we got there, the hall was ready.

"Hey, welcome to my paradise and hell," Eli said, as we saw them talking with a few people I didn't recognize. They already had on their concert makeup and mask.

"I can see the paradise," I said looking around in awe.

"Well, you weren't here, when the stage almost fell apart, but now it's pretty cool," they said with a smirk.

We ended up sitting backstage, with unlimited snacks and drinks, which I took full advantage of, while Eli went around checking every little detail.

"Hey guys," Eli said finally falling down onto the couch with a smiling redhead following them.

"Oh shit, you haven't met Diego," they exclaimed and quickly got up.

"This is Diego, my little brother. Diego, this is Jess," they quickly introduced me.

"Nice to meet you, Eli talks about you a lot," Jess said with a grin, as the two dogs ran to her wagging their tails.

"You too," I said referring to both the meeting and the talking.