26: Opening up

Eli POV.

My eyes widened as I buried my face in my hands. I guess, Diego was just really nervous but he knew my brothers didn't know about me putting out music. I saw the same realization hit Diego not even a second later as his eyes widened. He quickly glanced at me before trying to pretend nothing happened.

"You publish your music?" Antonio asked almost spitting out his water.

"...Yes?" I said not knowing what to really do.

I kicked Diego under the table making him let out a small cry and a sorry look.

"That's cool. Where can we find you?" Matteo asked digging out his phone.

I looked at Diego silently begging for help or for him to tell me what to do. He just looked apologetic and signaled toward Matteo who was waiting for me. I knew he meant that I should tell him but I was really pissed at him.

"Uhm... basically anywhere. Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Amazon Music, Tidal, Google play music, basically everywhere," I rambled a bit, still not taking my piercing glare off Diego. He was definitely not getting my chocolate.

"What name?" Antonio asked. He too had taken out his phone ready to search it up.

"I... I go as... Ya...n daimd," I said mumbling the last part which earned an eye roll from Diego.

I just shot him another death glare which returned his face to a sorry smile.

"What was that?" Gabriele asked leaning over the table.

I cleared to troat knowing there was basically no way to get out of this.

"I go by Young and Damned," I said quickly taking a long sip of my water.

"What the fuck!?"

"Seriously?!"

"You're kidding!"

"Yeah... that's me," I said continuing to eat, while my brothers stared at me with wide eyes. I didn't want to meet their eyes so I just kept on eating, hoping that the situation would blow over if I just didn't react.

"You're seriously telling us, that you're the Young and Damned? Like the 'Broken Glass,' 'Letter to My Parents' Young and Danmed?" Gabriele asked naming some of my songs.

"Yep," I said popping the p.

"And you make the cover art?" Gabriele asked that time directed at Diego, who just nodded.

"Bro, that's amazing! I can't tell you how many times I've admired those," Gabriele said in shock.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Lorenzo asked making everyone turn to me again.

I just shrugged, not really knowing the reason.

"I don't know. I guess it's just something, I haven't ever really told people and it felt weird to just casually say: 'What's for dinner, oh and also I'm this artist, who's probably getting nominated for a grammy,'" I said trying to make a joke.

"Oh shit, you're gonna get a Grammy!" Gabriele exclaimed seemingly getting hit with the concept.

"This is amazing! My little sibling's a world-famous artist!" Gabriele continued ecstatic.

After the initial shock and my brothers coming to terms with what they were just told. They calmed down and were simply happy for me. We moved to the living room where we were supposed to watch another movie but my brothers clearly weren't ready to move on.