6: Rules

Eli POV

After dinner, Gabriel offered to show me around, to which I agreed not before offering to help Anna with the dishes. She dismissed me with a heartfelt smile telling me not to worry about it.

When I tell you the house was huge, you have to believe me. There were two outdoor pools, one indoor pool, two dining rooms ('one for family and one for business'), a huge kitchen, so many living rooms, and tv-rooms I couldn't even count. There was a whole wing for entertainment. A whole. Fucking. Wing. There was a game room, a bar, a home theater, the pools, a music room, which I loved, an art room, and a huge fucking library.

My second favorite, for sure, was the green room. The ceiling and the outside walls were completely glass, with gorgeous details. There were a lot of plants and a couch so comfortable, that I actually wanted to die on it. But, the music room had the most gorgeous grand piano I was dying to try out.

In the middle of the house were the living spaces. The kitchen, dining rooms, and living rooms. There was one with huge windows, and a round couch I fell in love with.

At the other end of the house were the bedrooms. There were two big hallways with around ten rooms in them, The four on the first floor were guestrooms, while there were six rooms upstairs.

The whole tour I was just casually chatting and joking with Gabriel. He turned out to be a really cool dude. He was eighteen, so two years older than me, he told me about his passion for painting, which in a way reminded me of Diego. I think they would like each other. Who knows, if this thing with the family ends up working out, they could meet someday. I even told him about my love for music, and how I write songs. I didn't tell him about me publishing them tho. 

No one knows the secret identity behind: 'The young and damned' and I wasn't about to start spreading my biggest secrets just yet. Everyone had always told me I was damned. My parents, the people at church, teachers, friends, people at camp, everyone. After a while, I thought that was the only thing I could ever be. Damned. My name was originally way longer. Angry, Poor, Young, and Damned, but I changed it after too many people got mixed up in words trying to introduce me.

"So this is your room. Hope you like it," Gabriel said motioning for me to open the door. The huge wooden door was next to Antonio's opposite Gabriele's, who told me to knock on his door if I needed anything, which was sweat. 

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow but opened the door.

The room was huge. I mean, what else would you expect from a gigantic house, but still. I didn't need all of this. There was a king-sized bed opposite a fireplace with a tv on top of it.  There was a seating area with a couch and two armchairs and a full-on study area. 

I turned to face the excited Gabriel, who laughed at my shocked face. I really didn't know how to react. Just plain kindness was weird for me, but this was way too much.

"Holy shit balls!" I exclaimed when I finally gained the ability to speak back.

"No, I can't live in this. This is way too big, I mean, holy shit!" I rambled on as I looked around.

The color theme was dark wood, gray stone, and green, and it looked fucking amazing.

Gabriele just stood there grinning from ear to ear witnessing the scene I was doing.

"There's a fucking walk-in closet?!" I screamed as I opened the doors. 

I had nowhere enough clothes to fill even a quarter of it.