The Shadow of the Past

Thank you for showing all the love and support for my fanfiction.

Kapadia's apartment, New York

Doorbell rang....

GK opened the door...

It was Donna on the other side.

GK :- Come in....Donna...

Donna stepped in....

GK :- You have come on a perfect time....I m making your favourite dal dhokli today...join us for dinner...

Donna :- As much as I would love to GK....I just came in here to drop some files...I m in a hurry...maybe some other time...

GK :- Yeah! yeah Maan....no one has time for this old man nowadays...

Donna smiled at GK's puppy face....

Donna:- GKKkk....I thought I was the artist here.....but so much drama...huhh

GK :- okay okay.....you caught me..

GK chuckled..

Donna :- Now tell me where is the oldie of the house....I want to hand him over some files...

GK :- He is on the balcony waiting for some call from India...

Donna :- okay....

Saying this she walked away and GK went back to his cooking...

She saw that the door to the room was open and no one was in there.

She entered the room calling for Anuj and saw him standing on the balcony.....

She was in a hurry so she started away without noticing Anuj was lost in thought.....

Donna :- Anuj I have brought some files that needs your approval before tomorrow...have kept them on the desk....you have a 2 am conference call with the Hong Kong office....and you have a early meeting tomorrow at 9 with the finance department regarding our new venture...

She went on and on when she realised Anuj wasn't paying attention to any of it....

She walked upto the entrance of the balcony and saw Anuj standing with his back towards the entrance twirling the magnets between his fingers with a mug in his other hand looking at the beautiful sun setting on the New York skyline completely lost in his own thoughts....

Donna:- Anuj.....

Kitni ajeeb hai is sehar ki tanhaayi bhi...
kitni ajeeb hai is sehar ki tanhaayi bhi...
Hazaaron log hai magar koi us jaisa nhi hai....

Recited Anuj with a pain in his voice which didn't go unnoticed by Donna...

Donna walked upto him and stood beside him...

Donna :- Thinking about her....?

Anuj tried to refuse....

Anuj :- Naah......it wasn't about her....just appreciating the sunset....

Donna :- I don't understand hindi.... doesn't mean I can be fooled okay....I have seen almost all SRK movies....

Anuj chuckled at this....

Anuj :- It's not about her...

Donna :- You have taken me for a fool.........wait....

Anuj :- okay fine...fine... please don't do your Donna thing on me....

Donna :- you were waiting for a call from Vikram who is in India....you were twirling your magnets at a pace....which means you were thinking about the day his bike broke down.....and wait a sec