An Unexpected Visit

Thank you for showing all the love and support for my fanfiction❤️❤️

Anu and Devika's Apartment, Ahemdabad

24 July 2022, 8:00 am

It was a Sunday morning. Every Sunday, as per ritual, Devika comes out of her room and finds Anupama standing at the door waiting for Pakhi in excitement but today was different. Devika came out of her room and saw Anupama sitting at the foot of the couch burried in her books and assignments. This has never happened before. No matter how important exam she has the next day, Anupama makes sure that she prepares everything a day before so that she can spend time with Pakhi without worrying about anything else.

Curious to see Anupama absorbed in books, Devika asked....

Devika:- Anu kya kar rhi hai?

Anupama lifted her eyes up from the book hearing Devika's voice.

Anu:- Devika tune kuch bola kya?

She asked completely missing what Devika said earlier.

Devika:- Haan.....Maine pucha kya kar rhi hai?

She asked coming in front of her.

Anu:- Matar cheel rhi hoo...

She made a sarcastic remark and Devika rolled her eyes at the statement.

Anu:- Dikh nhi rha padh rhi hoo...

She said pointing towards the books in annoyance.

Devika:- Haan wo to mujhe dikh rha hai lekin aaj to Sunday hai na....

She treaded carefully sensing Anupama's mood.

Anu:- To?

Devika:- To aaj Pakhi nhi aane wali...

She said stating the obvious but Anupama snapped at her.

Anu:- Tujhe sach me lagta hai kal jo hua uske baad Mr. Shah Sweety ko yha aane denge...

Devika:- Tu badhak kyu rhi hai yrr...maine to bas ek sawal pucha...

She retorted for being unnecessarily chided over a simple question.

Anu:- To mat puch ne Devika...

She replied in an irritated voice and Devika went into the kitchen without saying a word.

One might think Anupama was upset over not meeting Pakhi which she would have been....had she not been busy worrying about thousand other things on her plate....her college.... assignments....job.....dance academy....and most importantly her family. She has been restless throughout the night worrying about how she is gonna manage her college along with the responsibilities that would come her way in Vanraj's absence. She knew Vanraj will be held guilty in the fraud case sooner or later and in case that happens...she needs to prepare beforehand to handle everyone in her family. She wasn't ecstatic about the fact that Vanraj and Kavya would be in jail but the man has committed some vile crimes in his life and hasn't paid for any of it...it's time for some Karma to catch upto him.