Mind Games

Thank you for showing all the love and support for my fanfiction❤️❤️

Shah House, Ahemdabad

19th July 2022, 8:00 am

It was an usual morning in the Shah House. The sun poured through the small window into the courtyard of the house where Vanraj and Toshu sat discussing about the prospective investment opportunities while Baa was busy in peeling the peas for preparing lunch. She sat on a small stool fiercely removing the peas from their skin constantly muttering in anger something about how she has to do all the work in the house inspite of having a daughter in law.

Household chores were something that Baa always considered a women especially a housewife should excell in and used to constantly reprimand Anupama for not doing it properly by finding little flaws or making them up just to trouble her while she herself hated doing it.

Although with Anupama leaving the Shah House after divorce and Kavya becoming her daughter in law, she had to get used to doing them by herself. Initially Baa tried to make Kavya do the household chores by reminding and taunting her that she is now a bahu and should get used to this type of work along with office. However she realised in a few days that Kavya was not the one who can be guilted into doing something she doesn't want to and household chores were one of them. Since then Baa has got used to the fact that she might have to do all the work in the house with no help from anyone just like Anupama has done for 25 years.

She was still seperating the peas in frustration when Kavya entered into the courtyard with a tray in her hand. She brought and put the tray down on the centre table when all three of them looked up at her in surprise.

Kavya saw the confusion on their face and decided to address it.

Kavya:- Aap log mujhe aise kyu dekh rhe hai?

She questioned.

Vanraj:- Kavya yeh chai tumne banayi hai?

He asked surprised that his wife who doesn't like to even step in the kitchen for getting a glass of water has made tea for them.

Kavya:- Ofcourse V mai nhi banaungi to kaun banayega..

She answered handing him the tea cup.

Baa:- Toshu aaj suraj devta kha se nikle the?

She taunted Kavya.

Kavya:- Come on Baa....ek to maine itne pyaar se aap sabke liye chai banayi hai aur aap abhi bhi mujhe taane de rhi...

Baa:- Haan to chai hi banayi hai....bol to aise rhi jaise samudra manthan karke amreet nikala ho...

Kavya rolled her eyes at her comment.

Toshu:- Waise sach me Kavya....it's a surprise....isse pehle tumhe kitchen me kabhi dekha nhi...aaj kuch special hai kya?

He asked still finding it hard to believe that Kavya would make tea for them.