Heading Home

Thank you for showing all the love and support for my fanfiction❤️❤️

Anu and Devika's Apartment Ahemdabad

18th July 2022, 4:15 pm

Anupama was sitting on the stairs with her shoulders down waiting for Devika. She was physically present but her mind wandered to the scenes that unfolded this morning. The tears in her eyes have dried up but the pain still remains. She was restless constantly tapping her feet and rubbing her hands. The events of today replayed in her mind again and again which was making her anxious.

She needed to prove herself innocent but she had no idea how to. She never saw those bids or anything related to the project and hence she had no idea of who could have leaked those bids.

Anu(to herself):- Vikram aisa kaise kar sakte hai....bharosa to chodo unhone mujhe ek baar apni baat samjhane ka mauka tak nhi diya..wo mujhe apna dost kehte hai aur fir bhi.....how could he...

Anu thought in disappointment.

Anu(to herself) :- Lekin nahi Anu tujhe unhe samjhana hoga...koi kuch bhi soche farak nhi padta lekin wo kya sochte hai isse farak padta hai..chahe wo kitna bhi gussa kar le.....dost hai wo tere...aur us dosti ke liye tujhe unse baat karni chahiye....

She was lost in thoughts when Devika came and found her sitting on the stairs.

Devika:- Anu tu yha bahar seedhiyo pe kyu baithi hai....

She asked concerned.

This brought Anupama out of her reverie.

Anu:- Tu aa gayi...

Devika:- Haan but yha kya kar rhi tu...

Anu:- Kuch nhi...keys office me bhul gayi thi to..

Devika understood.

Devika:- Chal andar chal ke baat karte....

She unlocked the door and both of them went in.

Anu:- Chal tu fresh hoke aa jaa...mai banati hoo kuch tere liye...

Saying this Anupama walked into the kitchen.

Devika was baffled that she just lost her job and is behaving as if nothing happened.

Devika:- Anu tu theek hai?

Devika questioned anxiously.

Anu:- Kyu puch rhi hai?

Anupama asked sorting out the containers in the kitchen.

Devika:- Kyu ka matlab kya?...puch rhi hoo mai bas...

Anupama kept the containers aside and looked at her annoyed.

Anu:- Kyuki mujhe pata hai ki tujhe Vikram...I mean Vikram sir ne sab bata diya hai...and isiliye tu office se itni jaldi aayi hai....so yeh naatak karna band kar jaise tujhe kuch pata hi na ho...aur chup chap jaa fresh hoke aa...

She ordered her in a stern voice.

Devika:- Tu bhi fir yeh naatak karna band kar ki jaise kuch hua hi na ho....

She said walking towards the kitchen.

Devika:- Anu bata na kya hua?

She wanted Anupama to open up about her feelings.

Anu:- Jab sab tujhe pata hai to kyu puch rhi hai?

She said putting a pan on the stove.

Devika held her by her elbow and turned her to face her.