A Fresh Start !!

Thank you for showing all the love and support for my fanfiction❤️❤️

AK Group, Ahemdabad

5th August 2022, 9:00 am

The morning sun shone softly on the streets outside the AK Group bringing it with a flurry of early morning activity that announced the begining of new day in Ahemdabad and a new chapter in Anuj's life.

A chapter that Anupama won't be a part of....

A thought that Anuj was still trying to convince himself of as he looked outside the window of his office.

He has been there since yesterday morning trying to bury himself in work for as long as possible to avoid thinking about Anupama. It used to be quite a easy task for him in US but now....when he was in India....so close to Anupama....dealing with his emotions was getting harder day by day. The shield he had spend years in building around himself was pierced by the hope that Anupama would someday be friends with him.

How did he even dare to hope of something like that?

He rebuked his heart deciding to go back to the way the things were before he met Anupama.

He needed to this for himself and for the people around him especially GK whose heart aches everytime he sees him gloomy or sad. The old man had spent his entire life taking care of him.....loving him....the least he can do is keep him happy in this age.

Taking a deep breath and switching off the emotions in his mind, he turned around only to find them back on.

Anuu....

He gasped.

Clad in a solid blue kurti paired with white pants, stood Anupama at the door waiting for Anuj.

Anu:- Sorry....yeh door khula tha and I was about to knock.....but tabhi aap...

She said apologizing for the intrusion but Anuj didn't listen to a word she spoke.

He was busy in his own world debating whether all this was real or just a fragment of his imagination while Anupama stood there looking at him gazing at her in confusion.

Not hearing him speak or react, Anupama decided to try again...

Anu:- Anuj...

She called and hearing his name from her mouth brought him out of his daze.

Anuj:- U...yes....yes...

He stuttered finding it difficult to gather his thoughts.

Anuj:- Tum....tum yha Anupama....I mean yha kaise?

He said trying hard to frame a sentence.

Anu:- Haan wo actually.....mujhe aapse job se related kuch baat karni thi....