Udaan

Sorry everyone for a late update....I got caught up in some work.

Thank you for showing all the love and support for my fanfiction❤️❤️

So let's start without any further delay...

As Anuj finished picking up the books lying around the couch and handed it over to Anupama, his eyes went to the laptop kept on the table.

A PowerPoint presentation remained open and the first slide had the words "Project Udaan" written on it in a huge bold font that immediately caught his attention.

There was something else written further under the title but the font wasn't visible to Anuj. He furrowed his eyebrows to concentrate on the text. However, before he could comprehend the text, the flap of the laptop closed shut.

THUDD !!

The sound brought Anuj back to the present and he saw one of his files lying on the ground.

He bent over and picked it up.

Project Udaan....yeh kya ho sakta hai....

He mumbled to himself carefully placing the file back on the table.

Anuj was in office working since 7 in the morning yet he hasn't completed even half the work he was supposed to.The visual of her sweet face and innocent smile kept forming before his eyes making it hard for him to concentrate on work. This has happened for the thousandth time since he came back from Anupama's apartment yesterday and he seemed to have no control over it.

He was sitting on the couch in Vikram's office going through some files when he read a few words that immediately took his mind back to something he saw in Anupama's apartment.

The text on her laptop screen that read.....

Project Udaan

This was all he was able to read before Anupama closed her laptop shut.

Perhaps, it was some kind of presentation for her college assignment.

He thought to himself.

However, the powerpoint presentation on her laptop looked less like an assignment and more like a business proposal.

He wondered twirling the magnets between his fingers. He recollected how sheets of pie charts and graphs relating to some successful restaurant businesses were lying around the table and one of them contained the details of his own restaurant....the one which he started in the memory of his mother. It was a dance themed chain of restaurants called "Nritya" which he built for a cause that was very close to his and his mother's heart.

His mother Gayatri Kapadia was a trained Kathak dancer and therefore she knew how hard it was for an artist in her profession to create a name for themselves. She was privileged to follow her passion but many others were not as lucky as her and hence she wanted to help them by providing a platform to showcase their talent. It was an idea that she shared with her son Anuj and he was able to transform it into a business model. He wanted to build restaurants with dance as the central theme that would not only serve exotic food to guests but also will present a series of dance acts from artists who are in search of a platform to showcase their talent. This vision of his certainly did turn into reality but the person for whom he had built this was no more there to witness its success.

The thought ached his heart as he went through the file containing the details regarding the proceeds of the current year from Nritya that would go to his mother's charity. This was the moment his mind darted back to the presentation he saw on Anupama's laptop.