Missing Each Other!!

Happy New Year everyone ❣️

I have been really blessed to have met you guys through this fanfiction this year. Thank you so much for showing all the love and support ❤️🤗

It really means a lot to me💞

Sorry to keep you waiting for more than a month 😅 but this time I will be uploading my long updates in parts so that you get regular updates.

So let's start with the first one without any delay....

AK Group, Ahmedabad

23 August 2022, 9:00 am

Anuj absent mindedly twirled the magnet between his fingers as he stared into the blank space of the conference room.

He had agreed to an urgent meeting with the company's lawyer Mrs. Malhotra in the early morning but had been barely paying attention since she has arrived.

He might be physically present at the scene but his mind wandered off to the lady he hadn't seen in the last three days. He was worried about Anupama especially after the drama he witnessed at her house on Rakshabandhan.

It's been more than a week since then and he had hardly seen a smile on her face. He had tried his best to keep the atmosphere in the office light while working with her but it didn't work.

The woman did laugh on his jokes and smiled at his goofy antics but that smile didn't reach her eyes and this bothered him more than anything.

Not being able to see her distressed face, he finally asked if there was something that was bothering her but all she did was smile and said that she was just tired.

However, Anuj knew that it wasn't the case and his doubts were confirmed the moment Anupama asked if she could work from home for a few days.

Knowing how stressed out she was from managing everything, he instantly agreed without realising that it would also keep him from seeing her.

Since then, they have only interacted through e-mails and this caused Anuj to miss her even more.

He wanted to see her, her smile, hear her voice, her giggles, her laughter and most importantly her scolding that she was used to giving him every now and then for something or the other.

The right with which she scolded him for little things like not eating on time or overworking himself despite GK's opposition made him feel that he had made his place in her life as a friend and this overwhelmed him everytime he thought about it.

He tried his best to distract himself by engaging in work early in the morning but it wasn't happening. He was still thinking about her while Mrs. Malhotra went on with the discussion assuming that he was listening.