Chapter 4

Ryan's point of view

I could hear her heart pounding fast behind me. Part of me wanted to apologize and the other part told me to keep going. She was different from the other girls. Yes she may be drunk but she had some sort of control. And she was beautiful yet so humble. She is the prettiest girl I have ever seen. She makes my heart beat faster every time I see her.

***********

It was Saturday and I woke up on Ryan's bed. My head was throbbing and I could barely see anything around me. I squeezed my eyes shut and opened them again just to clear my vision. Ryan was sound asleep next to me and I remembered that I was used to waking up at five. So that means that I was the only one awake.

I got off the bed slowly so that I wouldn't wake Ryan up and also because I didn't want to agitate the throbbing. While I was creeping towards the edge of the bed, his hand grasped my wrist. My throbbing head stopped me from screaming.

"Does your head hurt? You are having a hangover. Let me get you something to drink." He let go of me and lazily got off of the bed. I rubbed my eyes in confusion. His room was not dirty but really neat. Then I remembered what happened yesterday. What he did.

He came back five minutes later with some white liquid. I hesitated before taking it out of his grasp.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" I thought back while taking small sips of the creamy white liquid. It tasted like coconut. "Yea. Everything". His body tensed as I said this and he nodded. "I'm sorry. Did I do something to offend you? I didn't mean to hurt you. I just..." I looked at him with amusement. "What do you mean you didn't mean to hurt me. Every time you say something nice, you hurt me afterwards." He looked at me and I could sense sadness in his eyes. "I'm sorry". He gave me a big hug before I could walk away.

I almost dropped the cup I was holding because of the impact. His warmth made me want to go back to sleep and that is exactly what I did.

I woke up an hour later in Ryan's arms. My head was feeling a whole lot better. Actually I didn't even feel the pain. Ryan was watching me until I turned my face to his. He wasn't smiling but his eyes lit up when I looked at him. Then he looked away really quickly.

"What was in the drink that you gave me? My head feels so much better now". He laughed. "My mom used to get drunk a lot when she went out to parties with my dad. She always ate coconut or mangoes to get rid of the headache. I just made it into a drink for you". I nodded my head. "Well thank you. For everything" He smiled. "And for what happened, you kind of were testing my pride. I had to do it". We both laughed nervously. "Why did you ignore me at school?" His body went rigid. "Let's talk about that later". The happiness fell from my eyes and I could see that the conversation was over. "Okay".

We spent half an hour more watching TV in his room until my body ached for a shower. "I'm going to take a shower. I'll be right back". He looked me up and down quickly taking in my features and shrugged.

I tried sneaking out of his bedroom quietly but I guess not quiet enough. Micheal came out of his room and caught me closing the door to Ryan's room behind me. "And what were you doing in my brother's room?" The blood quickly rose to my cheeks after he asked that question. "Um. Um. Um." I quickly tried to think about something that would get him off my back. "If you don't answer me, I will call mom." He said it with such certainty that I knew he wasn't lying. "Ryan and I were just watching TV". He laughed. "I mean overnight". Now I really had no answer. Just as Micheal was about to start counting down, the door to Ryan's room swung open. "Micheal, what are you doing?" I let my breath out. I didn't realize I wasn't breathing. "Ryan, why was she in your room last night?" I heard Ryan swallow before answering, "She asked me to study with her after we got home from the party. We both fell asleep on the bed and when we woke up, we watched some TV. Don't worry bro".

Micheal's eyes widened. "So you weren't lying to me? Okay fine." I let out a nervous laugh and dashed towards my room. I took out a towel and the clothes I was going to wear.

I reached the bathroom and threw my scrunchy somewhere. I jumped in the shower and took a nice, warm, and quiet shower. The water seemed to wash away the aches in my body. Five minutes later, I got out of the shower and brushed my teeth. When I was pretty sure that the alcohol odor had come out of my mouth, I put on my clothes and dried my hair.

"Now where is my scrunchy?" I looked all over for it but I still couldn't find it. I guess that's what I get for throwing it.

I stepped out of the bathroom with my hair down and tried to find my scrunchy. It was the only one I had. I spotted Micheal still beside his door. "Micheal. Have you seen my scrunchy". His eyes opened wide with disbelief. "K-Kelly?" I gave him a look of annoyance. "Yes its me. I cant find my scrunchy. I need it to tie my hair up. Have you seen it?" I practically hissed the while time because of the dumbstruck look he was giving me but he didn't seem to care. He was more focused on studying my face.

"Micheal!" He quickly looked down. "I'm sorry but you look beautiful". Now I was really annoyed. He was playing jokes with me. Wow.

"Can you please just tell me where my scrunchy is?" He was still looking at me weird. "I-I don't know where it is. Seriously. But you should keep your hair that way". I blushed and I think he noticed. "Ryan!"

I backed up into the bathroom. The last thing I wanted was for Ryan to see me like this. "What are you doing?" Micheal waved Ryan over. "Wha-". Ryan looked me up and down with a mesmerizing look on his face. "What is wrong with you guys. Do I have something on my face?" I turned to the mirror. There was nothing on my face. Just the same face I have known all of my life. The only difference was that my hair was down.

"Are you guys okay?" I reached for Micheal's forehead and his body went rigid under my touch. I was really pissed off now. "You know what. Lets go Ryan." I grabbed his hand as hard as I could and marched us into his bedroom. "What is wrong with you guys? You know what, lets just watch some tv and you could tell me what your problem is. I don't have time for questioning". I jumped on his bed and beckoned him over to join me. He blushed and slowly came towards the bed.

After he had finally settled down beside me and turned on the TV, he relaxed. I watched as the muscles in his arms relaxed and set my eyes on his jaw. The temptation to kiss him was strong and I moved closer to him a few inches at a time so he wouldn't notice until I could feel his breathes.

After an hour of watching TV with him (which was the longest I had ever watched at once), I was getting tired. My back ached from me sitting up straight for the whole time without the bed frame to support me. Ryan was beside me, laughing at the funny scene in the movie. Maybe, I could lean on him. But that would be bold. I couldn't fight the temptation any longer and I finally let my head rest on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder without looking at me. After a few minutes, he turned to me and I instantly met his eyes. He dropped his hand. "Seriously Ryan". I felt the words vibrate in my throat. "What is up with you today?" His eyes dropped from my gaze and on to my lips. He watched them for a few more seconds before his gaze dropped to the rips in his jeans. "Do you know that you are really beautiful?" I gasped. The tone of sarcasm was heavy in my voice. "Really. I thought that trolls were ugly. "

I let the sarcasm fade and carried on. "And I am not beautiful. I'm not like those models in the magazines". He sighed. "So your insecure? You are not like those models because you are better than those models". Okay now I was getting mad. Lies lies lies. "Whatever, I am gonna go now". "Okay." His eyes followed me out of the door but he grabbed my hand. "You are beautiful you know", and he smiled. My insides were ready to melt.

Hey guys!!! Again, it will be taking longer to write each chapter so stay with me my loyal fans. I hope you like the book. Vote and Comment for me please. Byezzzz