Chapter 26

*-----Ryan's POV------*

I found her and I'm not letting her go again. I watched her sleep in the back of my car through my mirror. She looked so peaceful and so safe. She was probably really hurt right now. I directed my eyes back to the road. I need to settle this problem once and for all.

"I don't want to go in. I'm nervous". I squeezed her hand tighter as we approached my front door. "I don't know if I can...If I can", she put her head down and covered her eyes. "It's going to be okay Kelly. It's going to be fine." I pulled her towards the door and knocked. "Who is it?" I heard someone yell from behind the door. "It's Ryan..." I watched as Kelly shushed me with her eyes. She didn't want them to know yet. I guess I get that. The doorknob turned slowly and Briar's happy face showed from behind the door as she spotted Kelly. "Oh My Gosh! Kelly! Are you okay? Did something happen? Your father is so worried about you. Come on, come inside." Kelly rolled her eyes and walked boldly inside.

I grabbed her arm and pulled her back as Briar ran up the stairs to share the good news. She turned to me and rolled her eyes. "I already know what you're going to say. You're probably gonna be like 'stop with the attitude and let them speak' or 'You don't have to be so mean. She seems nice'", she said while imitating me. I smiled and said, "I wasn't going to say that, but I have to admit, you do a really good impression of me." We shared brief laughter and I pulled her under my gaze again. "But you are right. Let's hear them out first. Just don't judge people before you get to know them. I did that before and realized I had made a terrible mistake after I got to know you." She gave me a weak smile.

Mr. Jacobs slid down the banister and ran over to Kelly. He grabbed her cheeks with his hands and kissed her on the forehead repeatedly. "I was so worried, Kelly! Don't ever do that again okay? I almost died and I would have if you got hurt!" She pushed her dad away and walked towards the couch. "Just explain."

Kelly's POV

My dad rummaged through his hair and made it messy. I watched as he sighed and sat down. "Look. You must be really hurt right now, considering that I'm going to marry another woman that's not your mom." I laughed hysterically while he eyed me. I beckoned him to continue. "Well, that doesn't mean I'm replacing your mom. I just want to move on. I don't want to be hurt anymore." I sat down beside him. "I wasn't only hurt by the fact you were replacing mom, but you didn't tell me at all until you already proposed to her. You know... I know you want to move on, but let me meet the woman you like before you propose to her." My dad smiled and hugged me and I hugged back.

A series of "awe's" erupted from the mouths of everyone around us. I laughed and the doorbell rang. "I got it!" Ryan and I screamed in unison. I began to run with him following behind me. I grabbed the doorknob but Ryan pulled me back into a hug. I instantly almost went to sleep with the cologne he was wearing. He took that chance and opened the door. "Hey! Not fair! You used your love spell!" He laughed and said, "But it's your fault you fell for it." I hit him in the arm and faced the person at the door. 

He looked familiar. Ryan smiled and hugged the boy at the door. "Hey Micheal! How was boarding school?" My face was a full on mix of shock and surprise. I guess they're the same thing. "Micheal? Oh my gosh!" I pushed Ryan off of him and squeezed him into a tight hug.

Ryan laughed at me while Micheal was trying so hard to breathe. "I missed you so much Mike!" I said while letting him go. "Same Kelly." I gasped at how deep his voice had gotten. I still can't believe he dyed his hair brown. He looked amazing but sadly, he was now taller than me. "Micheal, you can come in now. I mean, don't just stand there staring at my girlfriend. "Micheal turned to Ryan with a surprised look. "You made Kelly your girlfriend? Finally!" I giggled and tried to cover up my now red face. "Mike, do you have a girlfriend?" He smiled and shook his head. "I wish. But I'm waiting."

***

Ryan: WHY DO GIRLS TAKE SO LONG TO GET READY?

I reached for my phone and checked Ryan's text while laughing quietly to myself.

Kelly: You'll see why. I'm coming down right now.

Ryan: Finally!

I laughed and threw my phone in my purse. After checking the mirror one more time, I came down stairs. Ryan was seated with his head in his hands. He was in a white tuxedo and he had a white rose in his mouth. "Yo! Ryan!" He stood up and turned to face me. His jaw literally dropped. "This is why it takes girls so long to get ready." I was dressed in a sleeveless white and black flower designed dress. My hair was curled and feathered. My makeup was on point, thanks to Miranda, Hannah, and Hillary. "You look... Amazing! You get prettier every day." I blushed and pointed to his suit. "You look handsome. Like really handsome. I mean, really..." He cut me off with his laughter while I kept blushing the color of a tomato.

Ryan grabbed my hand and clasped it with his. He kissed me lightly and pulled me out of the door. My heart was fluttering every time I looked down at our hands which were intertwined with each other. My face stayed red. He laughed every time he looked at me. "Why are you still the shade of a tomato. I held my tongue with the compliments." I smiled lightly and looked down at our hands. He caught the memo and let go. I pulled his hand back into my hand out of instinct and whispered in his ear. "Never let go". His face got red and I laughed and kissed him on the cheek.

We arrived at the zebra party an hour late. That's what Miranda calls 'fashionably late'. Everyone was dressed in black and white. I instantly pulled Ryan across the room to where Miranda and Hillary were. They smiled as they spotted us getting nearer. "How's the party guys!" Miranda screamed. "Its amazing! I never would have come if you never invited me though. This is an honor." I saluted her and we both laughed.

All of a sudden, "Hideaway" by Kiesza began to play and all of us went into the middle of the dance-floor. I had to drag Ryan there but everyone else went without any reluctance, even Hillary and Miranda's boyfriends, Vince and Dylan. Hillary and I began to do the exact same dance moved from the video. We have a habit of doing things like that. The dance-floor cleared and left only our group. They all cheered us on. I laughed as the song stopped and Hillary ended with a split. I helped her up and she pushed me to the center of the floor. "Hills! What are you doing?" She shushed me and helped everyone off of the dance floor. I was getting scared now.

Ryan walked towards me with a microphone in his hand and a smile on his face. "What's this all about?" He laughed and began to sing. "A hundred and five is the number that comes to my head, when I think of all the years I wanna be with you. Wake up every morning with you in my bed. That's precisely what I plan to do." I covered my mouth with my hand and laughed. He is not doing this right now. Some body pinch me because I know I'm dreaming. I watched as a group of dancers lined up behind him and began to dance. He continued to sing with that beautiful voice. "And I know one of these days, when I get my money right. Buy you everything and show you all the finer things in life. We'll forever be in love, so there ain't no need to rush, but one day I won't be able to ask you loud enough". He grabbed my hand and spun me around. I blushed with every touch. "I'll say, 'Will you marry me?' I swear that I will mean it. I'll say, 'Will you marry me?'" He got down on his knees and faced me. He had a red velvet ring box and he opened it. It contained a really expensive looking diamond and gold ring.

"Kelly Jacobs. Will you marry me?" I let tears escape from my eyes. Tears of joy. "Yes! Yes! But you didn't have to make me mess up my make up!" We shared brief laughter before he started yelling, "She said yes! She said yes!" I continued to blush and he got up from his knees. The dancers continued to dance. "How many girls in the world can make me feel like this? Baby I don't ever plan to find out. The more I look, the more I find the reasons why. You're the love of my life. You know one of these days when I get my money right. Buy you everything and show you all the finer things in life. We'll forever be in love, so there ain't no need to rush. But one day I won't be able to ask you loud enough." I grabbed the mic from him and began to sing, "I'll say, 'Will you marry me?' I swear that I will mean it. I'll say, 'Will you marry me?'". I rolled the mic away from the dance floor and began to dance with him. I grabbed him by the neck and pulled him into a kiss.

He grabbed my waist and pulled me in closer. "I food you!" He mumbled against my lips. I gasped. 

"That's even greater than love! I food you too!"