Chapter 27

"Where's Ryan?" I whispered. Hillary just shrugged and rolled her eyes. "We told him a hundred times to not be late for the wedding. I can't believe he did this." My eyes flicked to the door the same time another bridesmaid walked in. "I am so gonna kill him". Hillary laughed and faced the door. My dad and Briar thought that I had the rings. I am so gonna die for this, but not before I find Ryan and kill him.

Before we left the house, I had a chance to check out each of the going-to-be newly weds. My dad looked so handsome in his black suit and gelled back hair. Briar looked beyond stunning. I helped pick her wedding dress, and I'm so glad I did. Before I arrived at the boutique, she was frantically searching or the perfect dress. I calmed her down and helped her choose her perfect dress.

She wanted to keep it simple but extravagant, so I took out three choices. The first was a one- sleeved beaded dress with a plain bottom. One glance at it, and Briar dismissed it. Next was a two- sleeved lace top dress with a diamond embroidered belt and plain and folded in bottom. Briar at first walked around it, admiring the design, and when I thought she would choose it, she dismissed it with just a shake of her head. I then took out the third option, and she jumped and squealed with joy. "Th- that's the one! I love it!" I waited for her outside the dressing room while she was trying it on, and when she stepped out, I was amazed. She looked a lot like mom.

Same length-ed blond hair, same excited face, and same smile. Briar noticed the look on my face and stopped smiling. "You don't like it?" I shook my head. "I love it! You look really beautiful." I tried to ignore the lump that formed in my throat. "But?", she asked. "But...", I repeated while blinking wildly. "But you just look so much like, my mom".

"Come here." I hugged her tightly and tried not to let my tears land on her wedding dress. I was so happy I didn't wear any makeup. I would have totally ruined the dress. I gently pulled away from her and looked right at her face. "I'm sorry for not accepting you. I just couldn't move on from my mom. But I know you'll be a good mom. I'm so sorry." She pulled me back into the hug and we stayed like that. I felt like I was with my mom again. And I was so happy.

"Okay. I'm getting fed up with Ryan. Where in the world could he be?" I snapped out of my train of thought as Vince approached me. "I really don't know where he is. I texted and called him like a billion times. He won't answer. Do you think he's hurt or something?" He shrugged and walked back to where he was standing. "Where are we gonna get rings now? He has them!" I shrugged and turned my attention to the door. We were all locked up in this small and hot room until the doors were open. If he was out there enjoying himself, I would choke him.

Come on Ryan. Come on. The ceremony's about to start and you have the rings.

The music began to play and I heard the sound of many people standing up. They were probably facing the door. Two men stood up from their seats in one of the back rows and each pulled open both sides of the door. There was finally a clear view of the church.

"Wow!" I nodded my head in agreement. The interior of the church was amazing. There were golden chandeliers and beautiful white curtains strung from every corner. My dad stood by the priest in a white suit and a black bow tie. His hair was gelled back and I could tell he was nervous.

Hillary pinched my arm just as the red carpet began to roll out. "Ow! What do you want?", I hissed. "Ryan's here." I turned my attention to the second door and there was Ryan. He stood right behind Vince, who was trying to question him without being seen. Laura stepped out of the small room we were all jammed up into and began to throw the flowers out of her basket. "I better get paid for this!", she whispered. Angela laughed and stepped out with her.

We all gasped as we caught sight of what she was wearing. She had covered up her gold dress with flower pedals and was shaking herself so that they fell off while she walked towards the priest. Everyone inside began to laugh hard until they both ran out of pedals and stood in their places.